Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine Alarm Help

I have 2017 22 VLX (still under warranty), but 3+ hours from the dealer. We struggled through last season with repeated CL HIGH GASOLINE BANK2 SPN:4238 FMI:0 and CL LOW GASOLINE BANK2 SPN:4238 FMI:1 errors all season. Took it back into the dealer at the end of the for this issue plus a few other small items. Dealer read the codes and came back with a need to replace all plugs with 106 hours on the boat. Dropped the boat in the water yesterday for the first time this year and barely had it off the trailer and the error is back. After a few minutes it clears and then came back again 8-10 times throughout the afternoon. Looking for suggestions on next steps an possible solutions prior to the drive back to the dealer.

Edit: Engine is the  6.2L 410

Thank you.

Edited by achimbos
ahopkins22LSV

The Indmar Raptor engines of that year had failures of the catalysts in the manifolds. I’d bet yours are bad and or gone. I’m surprised the dealer did not check for this. I’d pull the sensors and inspect the catalyst yours self.

^^^This.  It's easy to check.  Once you remove the sensors, shine a flashlight in there and you'll see either an intact catalyst, partially destroyed catalyst, or none whatsoever.  

Thanks for the suggestions, I was able to speak with my dealer and they suggested the same check before bringing it down to them. Hopefully we can get a handle on and enjoy the short summer. 

I used an inspection camera today to look at the cats and they are both good. I think we are going to try replacing the o2 sensors and see what that gets us.