Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 VLX Stereo

Bwiggle

Hey guys, I just bought this 2008 VLX and I’m going through the electrical to try to figure out why the boat won’t shut off. While I’ve gotten some good input on where to start with that project,  I’m going to go ahead and redo the stereo as well, as it never worked since I bought it six months ago. (I’m doing a dual, 5 channel amp set up & want to run new speaker wire to all speakers. Head unit: KMR-M328BT, nothing super fancy but should get the job done. & it has an analog sound knob which is an absolute must for me)

I’m on the bottom-right part of the dash which is where I’m assuming the “head unit“ is. I pulled it out and it’s only about an 1.25” deep and has a single wiring harness with six wires coming out of it. I feel like I’m in the wrong spot. (I’m used to old school car audio with CD player, speaker wires & RCA’s.)

Am I at the wrong spot or do I need to just buy a particular harness?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!🤘🏿

What you are looking at is just a remote.

The "head unit" on an 08 is a black box under the passenger side.  Its about 8x8x2.

You'll see all your standard connections wheny ou find it.  Made by Rockford Fosgate.