Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fly high stainless extended pylon

theobata

I have a used fly high extended pylon on a factory pylon of a 1999 response lxi. 

questions:

it doesn’t go to the floor.  The through bolts that hold the waist level tow ring and support the upper 1/2 piece rest on the top of the factory pylon so that the extended pylon is about a foot or so off the floor.  Is that normal?  

Second… since this was used will I have to undo the cable crimping mechanism and readjust it to fit my boat?   Is that doable or difficult?  Might need some special Allen wrench… not sure…

last… how tight does the bow harness need to be?  At some point it becomes difficult to hook the carabiner on the lower half to the wires on the upper, but even at that point the ratchet only tightens it a little bit more?  Is that tight enough, or should it be tighter somehow? 

advice appreciated.  

I have same,

Yes it sits on top of pylon and ~ a foot above floor. Careful not to drop it on or you will crack the plastic cap on the top of the pylon.

Easy adjustment of cable length. Get it as tight as possible, we need 2 to get carabiner on before tightening, so its quite firm when ratchet is closed. Will take the pressure off the sky pylon.