Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swallowing My Pride...

So first time out on the water in our new boat 2010 vlx and somehow while un-winterizing I managed to fit the knock sensor plug into an open hole which was not the correct hole. (Trust me I know how stupid this was!). So lots of water in engine and compartment and limp mode by the time we realized what was going on. That was 2 days ago and boat seems to be dried out but I am still getting a service required alarm and a cylinder misfire fault code that immediately clears itself to inactive. It has progressively been running better by the hour and had it on the lake at low-medium speed before bells and whistles come on and back into limp mode. I will be taking it in to shop ASAP to get diagnostic test...but in the mean time? Any advice(and maybe some low blows) welcome! 

It was a foot up the lockers at the point any alarms went off but I may be charmed! We just got back from a couple hour trip starting really slow and ending at full speed about 47 mph. No alarms or fault codes and the inactive codes cleared as well. I’m hoping letting it dry out for a couple of days might have been the trick! Fingers crossed but it ran like a dream! I might just avoid divorce yet!

Spray everything on the engine and steering cable with light spray oil (except the belts and pulleys).  Try to get under the oil pan too if you can. 

Doing this regularly will help everything keep water away and look nicer.