Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass Settings?

My sincerest apologies... I know this has been asked before, but my searches here don't find it, and searches at the old MBO don't work, because the search engine won't accept "KDW" since it's too short (requires four letter words or more.) I searched for "perfect pass" but got 37 pages of hits.

Has anyone messed around and found the optimum settings for Perfect Pass in a new '05 VLX, with ballast full and several people in the boat?

I think the PP manual says stock KDW is 80, which may be too low.

When the stock ballast is full, and a few people in the boat, it doesn't maintain speed too steady. Varies up and down a couple mph.

Can someone who's dialed it in help me out? What's a good place to start on the KDW and NN settings? This is my first boat with Perfect Pass, and I could use some advice.

Boomer,

Have you missed all the other current threads on PP? I've been yappin about the same issue on my thread titled PP paddle wheel.. or something like that.

In that thread John posted some good info on adjusting KDW and NN. One is for changing how 'sensitive' the PP is to speed change (ie; how quickly it notices) and the other is to adjust the rate in which it applies more throttle - which can make it feel jumpy.

One issue I've had is getting it to work well across all possible scenarios. For example - One bundle of settings will work well for the boat when weighted, but unweighted (new riders) it feels very jumpy and nervous (lots of throttle changes, and the lighter boat reacts quickly)

I think your fancy new boat has the new 6.5N software, and therefore you can have a different bundle of KDW and NN settings for each rider. I've considered getting the upgrade to that software, and instead of labeling each setting with riders names, just make general settings titled wakesurfing, boarding w/ ballast, w/o ballast, skiing etc... That way you could dial each into the specific conditions..

With that said - my issue may just be my paddle wheel.. still investigating that

Yeah, I read it earlier, but I didn't really want to hijack it, and I was hoping someone already had messed around with an '05 VLX and found some good numbers.

I'll just start experimenting with the values, no biggie. I'll so go re-read that thread, see any new info. :)

thanks!

i tried to change the kdw and nn a few times but i didn,t notice any changes.

the factory settings seems a little slow to me.But if somebody find some good settings i really like to know them.

ben