Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bilge Pump replacement help

My bilge pump on my 1998 Wakesetter finally bit the dust.  I took out the pump and switch and decided to replace the whole thing rather than just the cartridge. I found a pump that says it is a direct replacement to my old one.  The pump I purchased is a Johnson 500 GPH cartridge combo.  My old switch had two wires but the new switch has three wires.  My current set up has a switch in the dash to turn on.  How do I wire the new three wire to the existing two wires? Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Two of those wires should connect to the battery directly and the one wire should run to the dash switch. This ensures you always have power to the float switch and power to the switch when the boat has power.

Here is what I have on the original switch I am taking out (2 wires going to the switch).  The new switch has three wires, should I connect two of the wires together and attach them to one of the feed wires? Sorry, I'm sure someone with knowledge would consider it a stupid question, just want to be sure.

The black wire should connect to the negative on your battery, the one brown to the positive and the other brown will need to run to your dash switch if you plan on having it (not really necessary but some people like to try and keep their bilge bone dry.)