Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help needed - I drilled my thru hole too close to my stock pumps.

riot138

Any ideas how to resolve this without having to drill a new hole?  I drilled too close to the aerator pumps and now I can't screw the ball valve on.  I tried to remove the aerator pump but that's a no go.  the spout is hitting the speed paddle wheel when i twist it.  If I can figure out how to twist the two pumps out of the way I will be good but they won't budge.  Thanks in advance.

thumbnail_IMG_5697.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5698.jpg

1 minute ago, MFknK said:

Not enough clearance if you took the handle off of the valve?

Even with the handle off there is not enough clearance.

Yikes!  What is you put a 90 degree fitting on the thru-hole?

Added:  What about a brass union and possibly a brass extender (nipple)?

Edited by Eagleboy99
Answering my own question...

It will probably require 2 people. Loosen the brass through hull nut or remove the 4 SS screws from the brass through hull fitting and screw the brass thru hull into the distro block and ball valve. Might be kind of tight under the ball valve to wrench it back on, if it has 4 screws it will be easier. Either way it should work. Just make sure to reapply a generous amount of silicone to the bottom through hull fitting.

Edited by wdr

Thanks for the help.  I ended up starting from scratch and threaded the bottom fitting into nut and ball valve from under the boat and then snugged it up once it was semi tight.

3 minutes ago, riot138 said:

Thanks for the help.  I ended up starting from scratch and threaded the bottom fitting into nut and ball valve from under the boat and then snugged it up once it was semi tight.

Nice.  For next time, a trick my Dad taught me:  use a big magnet (neodynium) on both sides to locate the area where clearance is not an issue.  A powerful magnet will easily  go thru 3/4" fiberglass.  Like Dad used to say "Measure three times, drill once".