Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is the T plug?

New to Malibu.  What does the T Plug in the middle of the boat do?   I just keep it installed.  When/why would you take it out?

Thanks

formulaben

It's a good idea to remove them during winter layup, as ones that never get touched tend to be so tight that sometimes removal is difficult or even impossible.  Wrap the treads with teflon tape and just go hand tight, nothing crazy.

I always put some wheel bearing grease on the threads. I left mine out after each use so it drained on the way home. I kept it with the boat key after an "oops forgot the plug" launch early in my boat owning career!

43 minutes ago, Rednucleus said:

I always put some wheel bearing grease on the threads. I left mine out after each use so it drained on the way home. I kept it with the boat key after an "oops forgot the plug" launch early in my boat owning career!

Any time I remove a plug or anything from the boat, it goes in the driver's seat and the cushion goes on the floor under the dash.  Can't miss it as I prep the boat to go out again. 

• Like 3