Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dash phone mount… 2007 VLX

Any recommendations here?  Prefer mount on right side of dash… thought about windshield suction as a possibility 

Attached is what I had on my old 98’ VLX screwed into the dash.

A5D5C970-63BB-4BC0-BDE6-3F05A2BAA01B.jpeg

Found a pic from the old boat… obviously 100s of these product options on Amazon but just curious what you guys have used and like.  Thanks!

5C9B1E2E-1188-496F-AB89-99F1CB68B9D0.jpeg

Edited by gvb

Different boat and set up but the ram mounts seem to hold very well. I had to use a plastic suction pad since my dash isn’t smooth.  

• Like 2

Ram Mounts attached to the windshield brace. Works perfectly. Had it it my 06 and again in the 15, as the previous owner removed the phone mount and joystick for a new stereo. 

image000000.jpg

20190802_180859.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Kojak said:

Ram Mounts attached to the windshield brace.

I never thought of this!  Great idea.  I do have a cupholder mount, but I can see this as better.  Need to leave room for wobbly pops.  :)

I use a Ram mount on the windshield of my '07 VLX on the right side of my dash... I will try and get a picture of it tomorrow.. 

Perfect!  I ended up with the Ram Mount (more expensive, but this thing is SUPER nice) and windshield mounted it exactly in that spot.  Works like a charm!