Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 sporty K&N air filter

I am looking to buy a K&N air filter with flame arrester. Boat has 310 vortex with carb. Any suggestions on where I should buy it  and a part number?

16 minutes ago, pkenney said:

I am looking to buy a K&N air filter with flame arrester. Boat has 310 vortex with carb. Any suggestions on where I should buy it  and a part number?

I'm not trying to stop you from trying to bling your boat your way, but is the original flame arrestor damaged or missing?  I personally think that you will gain exactly zero performance with this mod, and possibly make the boat harder to sell at some point in the future if you cobble it up so that it doesn't look like the stuff belongs under the hood.  Or at least keep the OEM equipment and offer it to the buyer with the boat.

Thanks for input,

7 hours ago, justgary said:

I'm not trying to stop you from trying to bling your boat your way, but is the original flame arrestor damaged or missing?  I personally think that you will gain exactly zero performance with this mod, and possibly make the boat harder to sell at some point in the future if you cobble it up so that it doesn't look like the stuff belongs under the hood.  Or at least keep the OEM equipment and offer it to the buyer with the boat.

You make perfect sense, it was just a thought in my head. Thanks a lot you save me a lot of money.

Not only would a K&N filter provide no performance gain, it may also reduce performance.  A decent spark arrestor has less restriction than many automotive air filters.  One the water environment is much less prone to dust/dirt than typical over the road automotive requirements.