Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23LSV cleat spacing?

Fffrank

Friend is building a dock this weekend and wants to install whips for me. Unfortunately I'm traveling and can't measure. Anyone able to put a tape on theirs for me?

Mines an 04 but doesn't look like they've changed much from one near the transom and one next to the windshield. Proportions should have remained similar I think?

Edited by Fffrank

We have the whips at our cabin and attach at bow and stern.  So not the answer you are looking for, but 23 ft for the win.

20190711_165811.thumb.jpg.865f206c5653cf991089bf5e780aa495.jpg

I think they will likely work better in those locations, imo.

Edited by bovhica
20 minutes ago, zhuskers1 said:

Does anyone know if they changed the cleat positioning from the 2019 versus 2021?

Thanks in advance!

The 2021, 23s have that stepped hull cap transition similar to the 25s correct? That being the case the height of the cleats on the hull will probably be different. But I doubt the location of the cleats front to rear would have changed for the simple fact that everything on the outside of the hull i.e. the fuel fill locations, ballast drains etc... hasn’t changed. Or at least it doesn’t appear that it has. BICBW.

12 hours ago, wdr said:

The 2021, 23s have that stepped hull cap transition similar to the 25s correct? That being the case the height of the cleats on the hull will probably be different. But I doubt the location of the cleats front to rear would have changed for the simple fact that everything on the outside of the hull i.e. the fuel fill locations, ballast drains etc... hasn’t changed. Or at least it doesn’t appear that it has. BICBW.

I would tend to agree with you. Thanks

Hopefully someone has a 2021 and do a quick measure and post it. 

2 hours ago, zhuskers1 said:

I would tend to agree with you. Thanks

Hopefully someone has a 2021 and do a quick measure and post it. 

Side cleats are spaced 96” on center and bow cleat to the middle side cleat is 97”, for the 2021 23 LSV.

2 hours ago, NWBU said:

Side cleats are spaced 96” on center and bow cleat to the middle side cleat is 97”, for the 2021 23 LSV.

Thank you!!!!!

? - Are there three cleats on each side of boat?  Bow, Middle and Stern?

My friends 2019 23 LSV only has 2

Our boat is on order and our dealer does not have any 23 lsv’s in stock

31 minutes ago, zhuskers1 said:

Thank you!!!!!

? - Are there three cleats on each side of boat?  Bow, Middle and Stern?

My friends 2019 23 LSV only has 2

Our boat is on order and our dealer does not have any 23 lsv’s in stock

Yes, there’s 3 but some only order 2.