Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Diacom or Equivalent Tool Use Request in Sacramento/Stockton CA Area

Hey all,

Any chance I can use someone's Diacom or equivalent tool to clear my DTC history? Heck I know they are not cheap so I'd be happy to rent it or pay you directly for the use. Finalizing some repairs, last one is a new set of EXT CAT manifold replacements. Parts are on order so no hurries or worries but I'd really like to avoid the dealer. Boat is 2012 LSV 23 Indmar Monsoon 5.7 with MEFI 6 controller.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally broke down and got a Diacom package and laptop dedicated to the boat. Damn I wish did this DAY 1.

If you're in the Sacramento/Elk Grove CA area hit me up, I'd be happy to share.

This link is an image of the systems my Diacom package supports. https://ibb.co/sy4ZyR0

There are a verity of packages so get yours here from Rinda Tech.

Edited by robhills
  • Like 2

Got the Diacom package software for $699 and a refurbished laptop with the needed DVD drive for $150. So about $1000 total, which is an average trip to your local dealer, it's so worth it. 

https://www.rinda.com/marine/

Get Diacom, you'll be way happier once you do!!!

These Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) are sensitive and easily tripped by low batteries, old fuel, and dirty filters. Regular preventive maintenance (PM), fully charged batteries on a trickle charger, and clean new fuel at 89 or higher octane helps a lot. Most dealers will take your boat and let it sit on their lot and not really share where you are in the rotation, "we're getting to it as soon as we can sir". Basically don't complain, LOL. 

I finally said "forget this" and got a Diacom package and put the software on a cheap laptop dedicated for the boat. Wish I did that DAY 1. For less than $1000 (an average visit to your dealership), including both the Diacom package and laptop I can now take care of my own issues. When need be, I can walk into any service shop with confidence and knowledge of what needs to be done.

I hate being left in the dark and at the mercy of service personnel. Besides, service folk tend to take you a bit more seriously when you walk in the shop with a run report from Diacom. Most folks at the counter will call up a technician to discuss the report with you, if not hint at it. Tact includes timing, so don't walk in the shop on a Saturday before Memorial Day insisting on A+ service.

Edited by robhills