Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

where to find rack locking pin?

EricLsv

i have a 2020 malibu lsv, the dealer gave it to me sans one of those pull knobs that allows the wakeboard rack to swivel. ive searched all over online and the dealer is being totally unhelpful. any ideas where to find a new one?

27 minutes ago, EricLsv said:

i have a 2020 malibu lsv, the dealer gave it to me sans one of those pull knobs that allows the wakeboard rack to swivel. ive searched all over online and the dealer is being totally unhelpful. any ideas where to find a new one?

A quick search on Google for "ball lock pin" and then clicking on "shopping" showed me a whole bunch of options.  Buy a stainless one.

25 minutes ago, justgary said:

A quick search on Google for "ball lock pin" and then clicking on "shopping" showed me a whole bunch of options.  Buy a stainless one.

https://imgur.com/a/HiQ27DN

heres a link to the images, you can see that its not a pin but a knob with threads inside of it that grabs a recessed screw. cant find it on any of the parts websites unfortunatly

5 hours ago, EricLsv said:

https://imgur.com/a/HiQ27DN

heres a link to the images, you can see that its not a pin but a knob with threads inside of it that grabs a recessed screw. cant find it on any of the parts websites unfortunatly

Sorry, I don't have a tower or a rack, and you did say pull knob.  Do you have a better photo of one?

Kind of crazy that the dealer is unhelpful.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:46 AM, EricLsv said:

Doesn’t PTM make the racks?  Might try them as well. 

On 5/25/2021 at 9:26 PM, Eagleboy99 said:

Name the dealer.  And call Malibu corporate fo the part.

Boats By George in upstate New York. extremely incompetent from start to finish, virtually everything that could go wrong, did

Do you have one on the other side?  If so, then take it to a machinist who could easily fab one up.  Otherwise contacting PTM directly might be your best bet.