Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower feedback

Bushmankev

On 5/25/2021 at 1:13 AM, Bushmankev said:

Anyone have any feedback on either of these towers. Trying to stay under $1500 for a new tower on my ‘01 23LSV. 

Reborn Tower

https://www.reborntower.com/wakeboard-tower/144

or Indy Max

https://www.indywakeboardtowers.com/wakeboard-towers/4/

I'm not a tower guy, but the spelling and grammatical errors make me think that the first one is Chinese and the second is designed and built by an Australian craftsman, not an engineer.  They are both imported by the same company in California, and they didn't bother to fix the errors before they slapped them up on their web page.  I could be wrong about all of this, but I have to question the quality of a product that is marketed with a bunch of grammatical errors.

If you forced me to buy one, I would choose the Reborn since it appears to have a fixed base and decent joints to allow it to fold.  If a tower is properly installed, it should not try to flex the hull in any way while you fold it.  Any such flexure will cause stress that will probably show up as spider cracks in the gel coat first and possibly joint failure in the tower later.  What isn't clear about that one is if it is one-size-fits-all over a 28" beam range, or if you order the width you need.  Be leery of the one size approach because it means either something has to flex or bend to get it to fit.