Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

03 Sunscape high idle issue

Just got an 03 Sunscape LSV 21 with monsoon 335. Put in the water for the first time today. When stationary the rpms are between 1150 and 1250. When put in gear rpms drop to 850. Not sure what to do to correct as I’m new to boat engine maintenance. Is this something that can be adjusted diy. 

formulaben

I'd check the IAC.  They are relatively cheap to replace if you use off-the-shelf GM parts from your local parts store.  You could pull yours and see if it even works first.  To replace, tell them what it is off of, but start the search with a 1999 GM Suburban 350 and you'll find a match.

I have often found that high idle on cable driven throttle body EFI engines are caused by the cable not being adjusted properly at the throttle body, or at the helm throttle control, or an issue with the helm throttle control.

A problem with the IAC or an intake vacuum leak can also cause high idle speed, but verify that the tachometer reading is accurate.

• Like 2