Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Biminy Top for 2002 Sunscape LSV

mnmarty

Finally moved to a southern climate. OMG! Need a biminy top for my Malibu. Are there any suggestions from someone that has a model like mine? Anything to avoid?

Standard equipment. No tower.

Thanks. Appreciate any help.

You've got that right! Had my first vapor lock issue yesterday. Ran long and hard. Turned off for a while and had a hell of a time restarting. Temp 90 and full sun. This southern stuff is gonna kill me.

38 minutes ago, mnmarty said:

Temp 90 and full sun. This southern stuff is gonna kill me.

We had that in March.  Give yourself three full years to acclimatize and it won't bother you very much after that, but if you run into the air conditioning every time you sweat a little, you will never grow to love it like you could.  Just get out there, do stuff, and drink a lot of water.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mnmarty said:

You've got that right! Had my first vapor lock issue yesterday. Ran long and hard. Turned off for a while and had a hell of a time restarting. Temp 90 and full sun. This southern stuff is gonna kill me.

@mnmartyWhere in the great state of TN are you located?

39 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Check tower biminis. 

post-153-1130715697_thumb.jpgpost-153-1146696039_thumb.jpgpost-153-1148241065_thumb.jpg

loved my towerbimini.com Bimini back when I had it. This is it on my ‘01 with a Titan 1 tower. They have some other options for mounting without a tower as I recall. 

Moved to Tellico lake just down a ways from the Malibu factory. Brought my 2002 baby back to it's birthplace. She's having trouble acclimating too!

You are over there in the good part of the state. At least you have some deep clear water.

They put the bad boys over here in the corner.

Good luck with your bimini search.

20 minutes ago, mnmarty said:

Thanks for the info. I don't have a tower on my boat. I'd love a windshield mount but can't find one.

I have a windseeild mount bimini.  You just drill (carefully!) into the metal frame.  Unless you  have a frameless  windshield, then forget  what I posted. :)  I'll try to find a pic of mine.

Not mine but post-197-1242604144.jpg

I've seen that pic too! I feel like I'm all over the place. Been looking at affordable towers just to put the rigid bimini top on it. I don't wakeboard so I don't really need one but like how high they are and sturdy.

I saw some tower and bimini tops by BigAir. USA made. Looks simple enough. $1500 for the whole package.  http://bigairwaketowers.com/combos/ice/

Maybe I'm over thinking it but looking at all options. Am I excited to drill holes in the fiberglass, no. But with either deck mount bimini top or tower, It will need to be done!

for a 99 Response need a new Bimini. would like a low profile to provide more shade.  Looking for recommendations please and thanks

On 5/26/2021 at 11:17 PM, bbrett said:

Krypt has a great one and reasonably priced. I just got one for my 2001 Sunscape 23 LSV

the 62" fit like a glove!

https://www.bulletlines.com/wakeboard-over-tower-bimini-p/262.htm

IMG_7610.thumb.JPG.80aee65062c0f9c2ce151127eb0807df.JPG

IMG_7609.JPG

Looks great! Just out of curiosity, does the board ropes rub on the back of it? 

Edited by InIt4theDough
2 hours ago, ThinBuLine said:

Looks great! Just out of curiosity, does the board ropes rub on the back of it? 

No issues with it rubbing there’s a good amount of adjustment