Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

fault code on 2016 axis t22

Guys!  need help.  my 2016 axis t22 went it lump mode today randomly.

I just put in a new impeller, Napa 1515 oil filter and 15 40 T4 oil.

A MIL warning popped up.

A fault code popped up:

SPN 1634 FMI 2

any ideas???

Thanks

Joe Schroeder

https://cdn.bakesonline.com/media/resourcelibrary/Indmar_09-10ECMmanualv1.2.pdf page 308.

Find connector J1 on your ECM and then find pin 72.  Note the wire color and attempt to trace it in your harness.  It will most likely end up at a gauge or a relay.  The wire color may give you a clue since Malibu seems to be pretty good at following the boating industry's color codes.

The fault is trying to tell you that the pin (J1-72) is connected to the power bus somewhere.

justgary,

appreciate the response.

ok...couple questions....what is.my ECM?  is the ECM the fuse box on top of motor next to catanium converter?  What is the power bus?

are you saying that one of my gauges is causing this?

my cell is 847-989-3119 if you could spare 5 minutes

Thanks

Joe

Edited by cloud9

It is either a problem with the power or ground circuits to the ECM, or an internal fault in the ECM.  Check for any loose connections at the batteries or at the main power post on the port stringer, a loose connection at the starter, or a loose engine ground cable first.

• Like 2