Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Change the value on my screen when i fill PNP bags (2014 LSV 23)

Diotax

hello every body .

Sorry if this question exist on this forum but i did not find it   If it is exist give me the link please

i added bags in my PNP systhem and i would like to know if i can change the value  of my screen when i fill.  

the sytem say me 100% but my bag is not fill.        Is it possible to change for exemple 50% ?  

My boat is a  LSV 23  2014 with the first touch screen 

Thanks for your help

Xavier

Because the bags don’t have sensors in them it’s not possible to set the value of the bag. 

I also don’t think you can change the value on the screen to reflect that 100% of your hard tank is only 50% of the ballast. 

**edited to add more response**

Edited by Pilotguy

I had the same boat.  Just hit fill and let it run until the bags look full.  I never used the presets and the screen %s don’t reflect the PnP bags.  

1 hour ago, Diotax said:

Thx

so it works by sensors ..;

it is not a timer  ?

The new ones (updated maliview) run on a timer but still doesn’t show bag value. Bags is a guessing game for the most part and unless your water is 15°C, the actual weight even when full will vary in true weight. 

ok just new ones... yes of course i can't know the % of the bag ... but the idea was to time  when the ballast + the bag are filled ... and to reccord 100% .... because when you use a preset user , the pump stop when the ballast is at 100%  ( but my bag is not filled)    The idea was to lengthen the timer with the feature preset user

But thank you   

Edited by Diotax

All Malibu boats with ballast tanks use a sending unit in the tank to indicate the ballast water level.  Some newer boats, somewhere around 2019 depending on model, have L-shaped rear ballast tanks that extend above the height of the PNP bags to help include the bag in the displayed ballast level.

Some early model Malibu boats used a ballast bag, no tanks, and did not have a ballast level indicator.  I have never seen timers used on a Malibu boat to indicate ballast levels.