Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

V-Drive Needed! ASAP $1000 finder fee

TexasTexas95

Hey y'all. I am in a desperate search for a used v-drive assembly for a 2016 wakesetter 23LSV. It has a 1.76:1 ratio and I have the Raptor 410 motor. The Transmission and V-Drive are made by Velvet Drive and Malibu dealer says they are on backorder with no delivery date in sight. Velvet Drive is useless as are any of their listed vendors. I will give anyone that can source me a v-drive (as long as it works in this boat) $1,000 just for finding it. I don’t care if it comes out of a wrecked boat, sunk boat, or whatever. Thank’s! 

2 hours ago, TexasTexas95 said:

Hey y'all. I am in a desperate search for a used v-drive assembly for a 2016 wakesetter 23LSV. It has a 1.76:1 ratio and I have the Raptor 410 motor. The Transmission and V-Drive are made by Velvet Drive and Malibu dealer says they are on backorder with no delivery date in sight. Velvet Drive is useless as are any of their listed vendors. I will give anyone that can source me a v-drive (as long as it works in this boat) $1,000 just for finding it. I don’t care if it comes out of a wrecked boat, sunk boat, or whatever. Thank’s! 

It might help if you provide part numbers.  Are you only looking for the vee drive (back half), or do you also need a transmission (front half)?

Perhaps these folks have what you need:  

https://bpi.ebasicpower.com/shop/marine-transmissions-and-parts-borg-warner-velvet-drive-zf-hurth-paragon/rebuilt-marine-transmissions

On 5/19/2021 at 7:12 PM, hethj7 said:

Was Supra/Moomba running the same combo with the Raptor?   Maybe one can be sourced from them?

Yes. Well, kind of. The ratios may have been different but yes. 

On 5/18/2021 at 9:11 PM, ROFF said:

Did you check with Capt Mac?     Right there in town.  

Know what other boats it was used in?

captain Mac’s is where people put boats that have been rotting on their property for 20 years to go rot even more. 

Im trying to rebuild it. It is parts availability that is the problem. 

On 5/18/2021 at 5:11 PM, TexasTexas95 said:

Hey y'all. I am in a desperate search for a used v-drive assembly for a 2016 wakesetter 23LSV. It has a 1.76:1 ratio and I have the Raptor 410 motor.

Call Boulder Boats Tommy's of Las Vegas in Henderson, NV at 702-293-1122 and ask for the parts manager Brian MacDonald.  They have a new Indmar PN 300804T V-drive in stock.  It is a through shaft style v-drive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tasilzxndz4kze1/20210522_092848.jpg?dl=0

Edited by csleaver

What transmission is it? Is it using the SKIVEE from ZF? My SKIVEE transmission went bad last year and I kept the whole unit in case I felt up to trying to fix it sometime so it is possible I might have a v-drive assembly part.