Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 T23

ARride88

Hey all, I’m new here. My wife and I just got our first inboard about three weeks ago, we had an I/O for about five years before this boat. We absolutely love our Axis! So we’ve already done our break in and surfed for the first time behind it. I am curious what all settings everyone is running for wakeboarding. Thanks for any help. Oh also, boat has the M5, all PNP, torque prop. 

Congrats on your new boat. Our family just got our 2021 t23 last week. It’s amazing! We took it pretty easy for these first 10 hours. We do have the m6 motor with the torque prop. So I was running only center and bow ballast and the power wedge set at 5. Mph was 10.8. The rpm’s were at 3000-3200. Our Port side wave was pretty smooth and had plenty of push. The starboard side was very steep and short because of the prop spin but it was clean. I can’t wait to see what this thing can do with more ballast! You can have to much weight tho just play around with it. See what fits your riding style.

18 minutes ago, TRB162 said:

Congrats on your new boat. Our family just got our 2021 t23 last week. It’s amazing! We took it pretty easy for these first 10 hours. We do have the m6 motor with the torque prop. So I was running only center and bow ballast and the power wedge set at 5. Mph was 10.8. The rpm’s were at 3000-3200. Our Port side wave was pretty smooth and had plenty of push. The starboard side was very steep and short because of the prop spin but it was clean. I can’t wait to see what this thing can do with more ballast! You can have to much weight tho just play around with it. See what fits your riding style.

Now I reread what you asked about for wakeBOARDING not surfing sorry. We will test that out this weekend. I was pretty stern being easy on the boat for those first 10 hours

We did our full 10 hr break in unloaded. After the 10hr service I weighted it down to see what happens and let me tell you WOW! I had all tanks and bag full, wedge on 1 sometimes 2, 10.8 riding on both sides and it was awesome. Tons of push, long smooth wave. I’m not sure how to upload pics or video but when I figure that out I will.  

Honestly for wakeboarding I plan on filling the bow and center and just some of the hard tanks in the rear and see what happens, but I’m not sure on what exactly to do

For our '19 A22 and intermediate level wakeboarders, we fill the hard tanks (rear and center) and put a little in the bow bag and then run PW3 at 2-3. Speed about 22mph. Wake is perfect for us there. But not a T23, so could be quite different. Some on here with more advanced riders slam everything. It's personal preference, really.

It depends on what you want to accomplish and how you ride.  If you're jumping the wake and not really doing anything crazy you can just run unloaded (no ballast) and run a short line 55-60' with wedge and it will be more than enough.  If you like a bigger wake go ahead and fill the tanks up.  I personally don't pull people with ballast if their not going to be doing any tricks.  IMO it's a waste of gas and most people use ballast as a crutch to an extent.

My 2011 A22 I would fill up PNP and run floating wedge at 22.6 mph with rope length between 65-75' pending where I'm at during the season.  I haven't ridden my new A24  but I will be filling everything up and running the wedge in the 2-4 range at the same speed.  I have the 865 rear bags and checked to make sure it would plane out and it did.  I have the m6 with the OJ 1770 on and it did just fine.  The 2015 T23 I have ridden previously struggled to get on plane without a lot of bow ballast so if you want to ride slammed you might need a lot of weight up front.  Again, different hull and engine so you might be fine.

Best thing to do is just go out and play around.  People have different preferences and mine might not be what you would enjoy.  I know people that run a slammed boat with no wedge because it creates the shape they like.  Remember it's all about going out and having fun.

I got a question.  Did you get the rear seat backs?  If you did do they fall out of the back hatches when you trailer?  I'm having that issue with mine right now and wonder if anyone has a solution to keeping them in place.

Best of luck!!!  Axis makes hands down the best wake for your buck!!

Thank you for all that info!! I tried playing with the ballast last Sunday and had nothing in the front and it wouldn’t plane, I also realize I can be an idiot lol. I’m gonna try running all different combos now. I do have the seat backs and they are under the rear hatch and I’ve towed probably close to 500 miles on the trailer without them falling out, I will say we were on the water and my wife opened one up and one did fall but I’m not sure if it was wake or what happened, but we normally only tow to the ramp a mile or so round trip.