Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 Axis t23 Power wedge doesn’t work

Hey guys 

I have a 2018 Axis t23 and went on the lake for the first time this season and ran great but used the power wedge and it won’t come out of store position and when you push the up or down buttons nothing happens any ideas? 

thanks 

Jacob 

Make sure you are moving about 2 mph. You can also go into your menu and reset the wedge. Turning off your batteries and back on again can clear some gremlins too.

I did that but then I noticed the power wedge actuator switch or breaker where the ballast bags are is blown so I reset it and it just keep blowing but does this mean and how do I fix it 

so I looked around and found that the power wedge actuator breaker had blown so I reset it and and tested it just blew again over and over again, what do i do to fix it 

I don’t know if the 2018 Axis had 1 or 2 actuators for the wedge, but if it has 2 there is a good chance one of them is going bad which is causing the other to overwork (or the wedge is going crooked as soon as it tries to move) and blow the fuse.

20 minutes ago, vaporbluebu said:

I don’t know if the 2018 Axis had 1 or 2 actuators for the wedge, but if it has 2 there is a good chance one of them is going bad which is causing the other to overwork (or the wedge is going crooked as soon as it tries to move) and blow the fuse.

It has 1 hydraulic actuator.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

It has 1 hydraulic actuator.

would that cause it to blow the reset switch? 

There is a bypass short to ground problem that is happening somewhere between the breaker and the power wedge actuator or the breaker is faulty.  You could swap one of the other breakers with the one the is tripping and do a visual inspection of the circuit from the breaker to the actuator to see if there are any damaged wires or connectors.  If the component/actuator has an internal short then it will need to be replaced.

If you have warranty coverage I would definitely recommend you have the dealer fix it.