Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SAE or Metric

zhuskers1

I am waiting for a new 2021 23 LSV.   Question - is it metric or SAE, going to acquire a small tool kit to keep on board.  

So its is best to get the version that your favorite big box hardware store has on sale, 149 pieces, long sockets, short sockets and some wrenches with a case….SAE and metric in one convenient box.  These stores have sales for Father’s Day.  Inform all who may be inclined to want to go for a boat ride.  Smile while you provide the needed information.  June 20th is the day of anticipation…..

• Like 3

I carry a very small socket set that has some screwdriver bits in it.  There is not much you are going to fix on the water without spare parts.  Main thing is to be able to tighten a hose clamp, tighten a battery clamp, replace an impeller and if you are super prepared replace a serpentine belt.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

I carry a very small socket set that has some screwdriver bits in it.  There is not much you are going to fix on the water without spare parts.  Main thing is to be able to tighten a hose clamp, tighten a battery clamp, replace an impeller and if you are super prepared replace a serpentine belt.

I tend to agree, but in my case it is a cheap screwdriver set and a cheap combination wrench set.  Like oldjeep, I have used it on starter connections, etc. while on the water, but most of the wrenching is done at home.

Yesterday I had to use the 3/4" box end wrench to move the boom clamp way up my pylon in order to get the boom low enough to allow a six year old girl to reach it to learn to ski.  Yes, I have the easy adjust height adapter, but I like to keep it low enough to stay out of the way and still get the boom just low enough to use for barefoot on a short tether.

The water is still a little cool, and she made a decent attempt, but she began to get fussy so she did not get up.

3 hours ago, justgary said:

The water is still a little cool, and she made a decent attempt, but she began to get fussy so she did not get up.

I skied Florida 2 weeks ago. I know we all have different version of cool, but this is darn funny. 

Just now, footndale said:

I skied Florida 2 weeks ago. I know we all have different version of cool, but this is darn funny. 

Yup.  I was skiing in Florida in Jan and it is still warmer water than MN in the middle of the summer.

5 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Yup.  I was skiing in Florida in Jan and it is still warmer water than MN in the middle of the summer.

South Florida, no doubt.  Our water is still a touch cooler than that.

I have said it before; I'm not truly comfortable in water unless it is warm enough that I can consider bringing Mr. Bubble with me.