Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

06 23lsv power wedge

Please help with suggestions. I bought a new 5 lobe control box and 5 lobe actuators. I do not get power to the power wedge switch. I can’t find any inline fuses and my power wedge is hooked up to heater #2 breaker which is not tripped. I’ve done everything I can think of

I think some of the very first Lenco control boxes had a 30 amp breaker, but most have a 20 amp inline fuse holder on the red power wires that go to the box.

The Lenco box harness wires are:

1, red, 12v+ power in

2, red, 12v+ power in

3, white, power/ground out to actuator 1

4, black, power/ground out to actuator 1

5, white, power/ground out to actuator 2

6, black, power/ground out to actuator 2

7, black, ground

8, black, ground

9, blue, dash switch up top

10, green, dash switch common center

11, white, dash switch down bottom

12, purple, to speed/paddlewheel green wire

13, yellow, trim gauge

14, black, ground

If you have a newer control box, version 3 or newer number 6174005.2 to 6174005.5, there should be an additional orange wire connected to pin 15 and connected to the switched power/purple at the ignition key switch.  It is available from Malibu PN 6174015.

First make sure you have battery voltage at the red wires 1 and 2;  Ground at black wires 7, 8, and 14.

The dash switch common green wire center post should read ground and the other posts should be open when the switch is not pushed.  The blue wire up top post will read ground when the switch is pushed up and the white wire down bottom post will read ground when the switch is pushed down. 

The wedge has speed based controls so the speedo must read 0-9 MPH to deploy the wedge down and must read 1-9 MPH to stow the wedge up.  If the wedge is down it can be moved up or down in the lower drag positions from 0-25 MPH.  You may need to spin the paddle wheel by hand to simulate speed when diagnosing a wedge problem.

The white and black output wires to the actuators will read battery voltage on one wire and ground on the other when the actuators extend, then the wires will have the opposite reading when the actuators are retracted.

Make sure you have loosened all of the adjustment plate through bolts on the top of the wedge bracket and then turn the actuator pistons by hand to ensure they are fully extended before mounting them to the bracket and wedge foil.

After the actuators are mounted, lift the wedge foil by hand until the outside tips are even with the top of the wedge mounting bracket, then tighten all of the through bolts of the wedge adjusting bracket.

This prevents one wedge actuator from drawing more current than the other when they are moving the wedge which could cause a fault alarm or wedge control problems.

2 hours ago, csleaver said:

I think some of the very first Lenco control boxes had a 30 amp breaker, but most have a 20 amp inline fuse holder on the red power wires that go to the box.

The Lenco box harness wires are:

1, red, 12v+ power in

2, red, 12v+ power in

3, white, power/ground out to actuator 1

4, black, power/ground out to actuator 1

5, white, power/ground out to actuator 2

6, black, power/ground out to actuator 2

7, black, ground

8, black, ground

9, blue, dash switch up top

10, green, dash switch common center

11, white, dash switch down bottom

12, purple, to speed/paddlewheel green wire

13, yellow, trim gauge

14, black, ground

If you have a newer control box, version 3 or newer number 6174005.2 to 6174005.5, there should be an additional orange wire connected to pin 15 and connected to the switched power/purple at the ignition key switch.  It is available from Malibu PN 6174015.

First make sure you have battery voltage at the red wires 1 and 2;  Ground at black wires 7, 8, and 14.

The dash switch common green wire center post should read ground and the other posts should be open when the switch is not pushed.  The blue wire up top post will read ground when the switch is pushed up and the white wire down bottom post will read ground when the switch is pushed down. 

The wedge has speed based controls so the speedo must read 0-9 MPH to deploy the wedge down and must read 1-9 MPH to stow the wedge up.  If the wedge is down it can be moved up or down in the lower drag positions from 0-25 MPH.  You may need to spin the paddle wheel by hand to simulate speed when diagnosing a wedge problem.

The white and black output wires to the actuators will read battery voltage on one wire and ground on the other when the actuators extend, then the wires will have the opposite reading when the actuators are retracted.

Csleaver, I can’t thank you enough for all the detail you’ve provided. I truly appreciate your time. Heading back out to see if I can make this thing work with the information you provided. I’ll update on the results. Thanks again