Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to select Battery Charger???

I’m a new boat owner, I have about 30 hours on my boat and just I just put it in the water for the first time. It worked fine. Turned battery off and tried to start it up today with the boat loaded with my kids. Blower worked at first then stopped. All electronics work but boat won’t turn over.  Voltage shows 11.4.  I’m thinking maybe I need to charge my batteries? If so what type charger should I get and also where to attach? My boat is a Malibu 2020 LSV 23.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!!!

Start by checking for loose or dirty connections at the battery. Even if they look ok, unhook, clean and try again. If it worked well yesterday I would think it should go today.

• Like 2

To the title of the thread: You want a marine onboard 2-bank multi-stage smart charger. I like to go with one thats got an amperage output thats in the 10% range of the total battery amp/hour capacity. 

• Like 3
formulaben
On 5/15/2021 at 8:09 PM, Rednucleus said:

Start by checking for loose or dirty connections at the battery. Even if they look ok, unhook, clean and try again. If it worked well yesterday I would think it should go today.

This.  I've had very clean looking connections have a layer of corrosion between them.  It's a pain, but yank every cable connection (one at a time) and clean them and reinstall tightly.