Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Manual Wedge angle modification.

TheFriend

Has anyone modified their Manual Wedge to have different angle settings? It looks like there is enough meat on the transom bracket. To drill holes so the top pins lock it into position. I have searched the forums and net. Can’t find many threads on it. TIA

TheFriend
57 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Why?

Performs different at different speeds and angles. From what I have been able to find about it. Like a power wedge. Multiple settings. Not just on and off. 

15 minutes ago, TheFriend said:

Performs different at different speeds and angles. From what I have been able to find about it. Like a power wedge. Multiple settings. Not just on and off. 

Just get a floating wedge.

TheFriend

I already have a manual wedge. If i can simply drill a couple holes to better performance. Id rather do that over replacing the entire bracket/foil assembly. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2021 at 7:00 AM, TheFriend said:

Has anyone modified their Manual Wedge to have different angle settings? It looks like there is enough meat on the transom bracket. To drill holes so the top pins lock it into position. I have searched the forums and net. Can’t find many threads on it. TIA

We have modified our manual wedge and have been very happy with the results. We only use ours for surfing 

we got our bracket and butt welded flat on either side to make each side larger so we had more room to drill more holes behind the original bottom holes already there then smoothed it out and repainted and looks it standard 
 Been like it for about 8 years and have had no problems and definitely gives more push to the wave 

i can email you a pic if you want to send me an address 

cheers ben

Edited by BEN307
8 hours ago, BEN307 said:

Isn't it just as easy to post the photos here so everyone can see?

TheFriend
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, BEN307 said:

We have modified our manual wedge and have been very happy with the results. We only use ours for surfing 

we got our bracket and butt welded flat on either side to make each side larger so we had more room to drill more holes behind the original bottom holes already there then smoothed it out and repainted and looks it standard 
 Been like it for about 8 years and have had no problems and definitely gives more push to the wave 

cheers ben

I private messaged you Ben. I would like to see what modifications you were able to come up with. Thanks. 

Edited by TheFriend
TheFriend
Posted (edited)

Ben gave me a really good idea. I have a friend that welds. So i made some templates. To add a little “moon shaped” metal at the bottom of bracket. It should duplicate the top of bracket and the position of the two holes. I think when im done. The bracket will be symmetrical top and bottom. With plenty of strength. Should have two settings when deployed. Original setting and one just a 1/4 inch farther up from original. Not sure on angle yet. Still working on getting template just right. Then Ill take a measurement of the angle for the new setting. 

Edited by TheFriend