Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 LSV prop question

Wormcat1

Just purchased a 14 LSV with 350SS, has a 2419 ACME prop that has some dings in it, is this the prop to run on this boat? It came with a brand new 537... thanks in advance. Will mainly be surfing and pulling tubes...

2 minutes ago, Wormcat1 said:

Just purchased a 14 LSV with 350SS, has a 2419 ACME prop that has some dings in it, is this the prop to run on this boat? It came with a brand new 537... thanks in advance. Will mainly be surfing and pulling tubes...

2419 great for surfing.  537 not so much.

I have 2419 at sea level on my 2014 409ss 23lsv.  It’s great for surfing, slammed hard tanks +pnp + 6-10 people.  Really easy to get people up and builds the wave really efficiently.  You can really play with the wedge a lot with this prop because the engine isn’t working quite as hard.  My boat came with the stock 1235 and I didn’t feel good about really tweaking the wedge much because the RPMs were already pretty high.  That said, the big downfall to the 2419 is top speed is pulled down about 35mph.  Not a big deal for me because my boat stays in the marina and we surf 500 feet from our slip, but if I was in a more regulated place that I needed to do some cruising to get to surf spots I would downsize my 2419 to 1619, I’m considering it anyway because we are planning some trips where higher cruising speeds are necessary.