Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No the greatest experience with Bakes and a carpet mat 2008 247LSV

WGjames

Usually not too picky but this seems to be cut short on one side and long on the other.  The tight fit I get and could live with the other is several inches short.  The answer was they are hand made boats and don't always fit correctly.  It also came damaged in shipping and the backing is "crinkled" May come apart over time.  Usually  Bakes is great this was not one of those times for the money $700

"Hi Steven,

Corinthian checked with their QA department on this. All of their kits are computer generated cut outs. They are all based off of one template and it has been the same since 2005.  We have seen some kits have a bit of overlap, I suspect that this is due to the boats being manmade and having a margin of error for dimensions.  I am sorry the fitment was not exact."

PXL_20210424_210222491.jpg

PXL_20210424_210205443.jpg

PXL_20210422_173619197.jpg

PXL_20210422_173613698.jpg

Could you possibly slide it forward a bit.  Closes the gap on the passenger side and reduces the overlay on the driver side.  I have had two of these for my 247.  Amazing how different they can be.  With that said...so is every boat different.  I do feel you pain though.  I have never had issues with bakes....really good to work with.

mac

@macdaddy yeah but I would need to cut the bow part get it restitched etc... more $$$. Yeah Bakes is great for everything this was my first poor experience.

At a minimum it seems like you could have them make a shipper claim and get your money back due to the shipment damage.

Looking at the pictures there is no way that is a boat tolerance issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered two different carpet savers from Bakes over the years for my 08 LSV.  Neither one fit perfectly, and they were each a little different between the two carpet savers.  Just be happy you have fresh non stinky carpet.  I personally dont understand how the floor can be that different from boat to boat, maybe things we a little more loose at the factory back then but I would think the mold makes them all the same?

Yeah it ended with me keeping it and dealing with a sub par product.    No to cut a hole for the table and figure out a grommet to seal the hole.

I bought one from them for my 07 and it fit good.  It was a little off, but nothing like yours.  not to pour Salt in your wounds, but it sucks you didn't put up more of a stink with them, there is no way boats are that far off.  Imagine if the seat bases really where that far off, you would literally have that size gap at the engine hatches,  and those aren't made by hand for each individual boat.

• 5 weeks later...

I put up a stink and now won't buy form them, that is all I can do.  Too bad I already spent over 3000 with them on parts.  A few beers some sun, music, I'll forget about it.

• Like 3