Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 23 MXZ weight

Surf4FamFun

Trailer is like 1500.

Yeah my 2020 MXZ is 8100 lake ready.  All the things you stated plus clothes, food, life jackets, towels, blankets, anchor, coolers and I am sure I am missing something. 

When we went to Lake Trinity with all of our gear for a week, we were well over 9k.  

On 5/10/2021 at 9:59 PM, Surf4FamFun said:

CAT Scales did the weighing, dual axel trailer, M6DI, stern turn, fold down step, wake view seat, std tower w/two clamping racks, heater, power seat, Rev 10 upgrade with tower speakers, P/P bags, full tank of gas, no other gear, 7,880 pounds.  Just an FYI.  If you can think of an option that might have added pounds that I left off ask and will be happy to share if it is in the build.  

I always figured my 23LSV is about 7500... same options plus the Gx tower which adds a few pounds.  Based on your weight, sounds like I am not far off.

7 hours ago, Sixer said:

Wow. Dry weight says 5400 on the website. Seems like a large difference. I wonder what the trailer alone weighs. 

This is why the weights on the website are pretty meaningless and get a lot of people in trouble with their tow vehicle.

1 hour ago, gregtay said:

This is why the weights on the website are pretty meaningless and get a lot of people in trouble with their tow vehicle.

No doubt, a guy from work bought a 2019 F22 Tomcat.  He's towing it with a 2018 Tacoma, he said he will be looking for a new tow rig....lol

5 hours ago, dwc032 said:

No doubt, a guy from work bought a 2019 F22 Tomcat.  He's towing it with a 2018 Tacoma, he said he will be looking for a new tow rig....lol

I tow a 3K lbs. ski boat locally with a Taco, so about 4.5k with the trailer.  I would not want to tow any heavier and it could use about 50 more HP.  

6 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

I tow a 3K lbs. ski boat locally with a Taco, so about 4.5k with the trailer.  I would not want to tow any heavier and it could use about 50 more HP.  

He said that also, but then again I did warn him when he said he's buying a 22' boat and towing it with his Taco.  In the beginning he said he will be fine. Well after trying to stop and go up hills with that boat he has drastically changed his mind...lol

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 10:59 PM, Surf4FamFun said:

CAT Scales did the weighing, dual axel trailer, M6DI, stern turn, fold down step, wake view seat, std tower w/two clamping racks, heater, power seat, Rev 10 upgrade with tower speakers, P/P bags, full tank of gas, no other gear, 7,880 pounds.  Just an FYI.  If you can think of an option that might have added pounds that I left off ask and will be happy to share if it is in the build.  

Just out of curiosity, how much weight do you think the stern turn added?  Can't be a lot, but you've got me mildly concerned. I've got two sets of Rev 8s coming, but no flip down surf step and not power seat.  Did you get all the extra steps options on the Trailer?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, missed this question.  I doubt that the ST is over 80 pounds, probably closer to 50 but that is just a guess.  With a factory install you get a larger alternator but no extra battery so you don't add 40 ish pound battery.  We did get the step option (up to the bow) on the trailer, really like it.

Edited by Surf4FamFun
SP
  • 1 year later...

A Ford F-150 4x4 tows a 23 MXZ loaded with a full tank of fuel and all the assorted lake ready goodies (life jackets, clothes, food, towels, blankets, anchors, coolers) with ease. One might even forget they're towing a boat when using an F-250. Ford trucks and Malibu boats go together like peas and carrots.