Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 24mxz power wedge no movement up

I’ve been fighting with this issue for a year now and I’m stumped. Wedge go down with no issues. No movement whatsoever when trying to go up... 
At first I thought the module was bad, but after speaking with Malibu (they said if the fuse bypass worked for wedge up, then the module it fine) we landed on replacing the actuators.

New actuators are in... still nothing up. 20amp fuse is new. Terminal looks new.

now the wedge won’t even move in the fuse bypass for wedge up.

if I reverse the wiring, the actuators open as they should. They function great connected to a 12v battery.

I chased the wires all the way to the module, everything looks great.

Anyone else solve this issue?

I would swap the pins in the actuator connector plugs to change the polarity and then test them again.  If the wedge will then go up but not down you are likely looking at a problem with the Lenco wedge controller box, the power module, or the wiring harness/connectors to the actuators.  Eliminate an issue with the harness by running jumper wires from the lenco controller to the actuators, then test the power output from the power module and to the lenco box.

Don't forget that the wedge is speed controlled, so the boat speedo must read 0-9 MPH to deploy the wedge and 1-9 MPH to stow the wedge.

Also, try not to poke any holes in the wire insulation.  Always back probe your connectors to prevent corrosion and voltage drop in the future.

Edited by csleaver
2 hours ago, csleaver said:

I would swap the pins in the actuator connector plugs to change the polarity and then test them again.  If the wedge will then go up but not down you are likely looking at a problem with the Lenco wedge controller box, the power module, or the wiring harness/connectors to the actuators.  Eliminate an issue with the harness by running jumper wires from the lenco controller to the actuators, then test the power output from the power module and to the lenco box.

Don't forget that the wedge is speed controlled, so the boat speedo must read 0-9 MPH to deploy the wedge and 1-9 MPH to stow the wedge.

Also, try not to poke any holes in the wire insulation.  Always back probe your connectors to prevent corrosion and voltage drop in the future.

Swapped the pins on the connecter plugs at the actuators, and now the wedge only goes up as you suggested.

Are the Lenco controller box and power module 2 separate things? I only see the wires running into the black Lenco power module. Looks like this module has been replaced (dated 2017) on my 2013 boat.

currently has model 30271-0015REV: A

or Malibu part #6174033

The power modules are the large black medallion boxes under the dash with the removable covers and a bunch of fuses in them.  They are solid state switch boxes that actually turn things on and off when you use the MUX buttons or touch screen.  The Lenco box controls the power wedge, but it gets its signals from the VIPER box and power modules.  The power module gets its signals via CAN buss from the MTC touch screen or MUX button modules

Process of elimination will be the best way to diagnose the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

We have 2013 MXZ and have a port side actuator failure message.  Message said "actuator was maxed and wait ten seconds.  Current draw failure"  Ws curious if you resolved this issue