Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Auto volume changes pitch/speed of songs streamed by bluetooth

DrFred

I tool delivery of a new 2021 22LSV with a wet sounds stereo.  When I was running with auto volume on the pitch and speed of the songs being streamed to the player also went sharper and faster with the increase in volume and settled back down when the throttle gets pulled back.  FM radio doesn't do this.  Interestingly my son commented that his '17 Ford focus RS does the same thing so he had to shut it off.  Is there a solution for this?

Second question, which wet sounds speakers are these and which speaker "socks" will fit?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, DrFred said:

I tool delivery of a new 2021 22LSV with a wet sounds stereo.  When I was running with auto volume on the pitch and speed of the songs being streamed to the player also went sharper and faster with the increase in volume and settled back down when the throttle gets pulled back.  FM radio doesn't do this.  Interestingly my son commented that his '17 Ford focus RS does the same thing so he had to shut it off.  Is there a solution for this?

Second question, which wet sounds speakers are these and which speaker "socks" will fit?

Thanks in advance.

I haven’t noticed the auto volume thing. Sorry

On your second question, which speakers are you referring to?  I assume tower speakers since you’re asking about speaker socks. Since Malibu offers T H R E E different tower speaker models, a pic would be helpful. 

Here are my Rev10’s both with and without the speaker socks. 

7817EF2D-DDBB-4427-82E0-058F43399FF6.thumb.jpeg.e8f66892343fb9e140c4803885c8b79d.jpeg

FBFBA913-0CFC-4312-8951-320530B08152.thumb.jpeg.3a6485ae978ad482cf1963a427cb33df.jpeg

17 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I haven’t noticed the auto volume thing. Sorry

On your second question, which speakers are you referring to?  I assume tower speakers since you’re asking about speaker socks. Since Malibu offers T H R E E different tower speaker models, a pic would be helpful. 

Here are my Rev10’s both with and without the speaker socks. 

7817EF2D-DDBB-4427-82E0-058F43399FF6.thumb.jpeg.e8f66892343fb9e140c4803885c8b79d.jpeg

FBFBA913-0CFC-4312-8951-320530B08152.thumb.jpeg.3a6485ae978ad482cf1963a427cb33df.jpeg

Who makes these socks and rack covers?

Ha, the "stereo components" didn't include this information which was found on the build sheet under tower and accessories.  Looks like an Icon 8.  Is the Malibu speaker pod the same as standard wetsounds?

1 hour ago, DrFred said:

Ha, the "stereo components" didn't include this information which was found on the build sheet under tower and accessories.  Looks like an Icon 8.  Is the Malibu speaker pod the same as standard wetsounds?

For the purposes of buying speakers socks?  Yes, it’s the same. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2021 at 4:25 PM, DrFred said:

Thanks in advance.

On 5/10/2021 at 4:25 PM, DrFred said:

Thanks in advance.

Did you ever figure out the modulation of pitch and speed. Having the same problem….

On 6/12/2021 at 1:41 PM, drbradrand said:

Did you ever figure out the modulation of pitch and speed. Having the same problem….

I'm also having the problem with a single iPhone and only on the boat bluetooth.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the issue of the auto volume, going up and down, even when we are floating and go over a wave.  I see how to turn auto vol off, but there are also maybe 6 other autovolume settings that I have no idea how to program? I have gone through all of the settings it seems like on the screen and cannot find anywhere.  Any advice appreciated!