Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hull only draft

Pauledman

23LSV.  What is the draft of just the hull, not including the prop and rudder?   Trying to figure out how far under water my lift bunks need to be? Water is low this year, my dock may not be long enough !!!   Thanks

Malibu lists the draft at .69m or 2'3" so take off a 17" prop and add a couple inches for safety so I would GUESS the hull only draft is about a foot.  Of course gear, ballast etc. will all make it ride lower.  

I would guess the tracking fins are the lowest point while floating at rest.

If it's currently sitting on the trailer, you could measure from the waterline down to where your lift bunks will make contact.

3 hours ago, barefootpaul said:

I would guess the tracking fins are the lowest point while floating at rest.

If it's currently sitting on the trailer, you could measure from the waterline down to where your lift bunks will make contact.

agreed - on a lift you probably don't need to worry as much about the prop and shaft....the tracking fins however will need to clear the frame of your lift, so you should include that in your measurement.

On 5/10/2021 at 3:03 PM, Pauledman said:

23LSV.  What is the draft of just the hull, not including the prop and rudder?   Trying to figure out how far under water my lift bunks need to be? Water is low this year, my dock may not be long enough !!!   Thanks

I just reset my lift for our 2021 23LSV.  The bunks are spaced 33".  You need at least 10" clearance from bunk to frame for the tracking fins.  For bunk depth, I set them at 14" of water depth.  With me and a full tank of gas, I floated on without contacting the bunks.  I measured about 12" from float line to the trailer bunks, so left a bit more for more folk and gear.  The bunk spacing (33" wide, 10" high) were from a Malibu spec sheet at my dealer.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2021 at 11:15 AM, SavageCarl said:

I just reset my lift for our 2021 23LSV.  The bunks are spaced 33".  You need at least 10" clearance from bunk to frame for the tracking fins.  For bunk depth, I set them at 14" of water depth.  With me and a full tank of gas, I floated on without contacting the bunks.  I measured about 12" from float line to the trailer bunks, so left a bit more for more folk and gear.  The bunk spacing (33" wide, 10" high) were from a Malibu spec sheet at my dealer.

Good luck!

looking at exact same set of dimensions.  If i read your setup right, to clear the front tracking fin, the top of your lift cradle/beam is atleast 24" below the waterline?

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2021 at 6:46 PM, TommyTuna said:

looking at exact same set of dimensions.  If i read your setup right, to clear the front tracking fin, the top of your lift cradle/beam is atleast 24" below the waterline?

Yes, that is correct.  Sorry for the slow response!