Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to Remove O2 Sensor in ‘18 MXZ

Also can you get a replacement at parts store?? Need a step by step on this please... have a buddy that is having a code that needs to be addressed. 

What engine? Usually you can get a replacement o2 sensor at an auto parts store.  Here is the tool you need to remove the o2 sensor. 

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-8-eighth-inch-offset-oxygen-sensor-wrench-97177.html?cid=paid_google|||&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&gclid=CjwKCAjwkN6EBhBNEiwADVfya-DIMlmnEgPQkgbvuVSmxMpaG6Qf4CsS6UYK-dUCQm2RG_j3Au4i2xoC5y4QAvD_BwE

Edited by dwc032
9 hours ago, dwc032 said:

Think it is the Monsoon 6.2 410

Edited by DylanR
10 hours ago, dwc032 said:

Never seen one like that before, makes sense though.  Mine looks like this:

o2Socket.jpg

On my old 2017 22 VLX with the Raptor, the pre and post cat O2 sensors were accessible and could be easily removed.  I had to do so on the water when I got a high fuel alarm for bank 2.  I pulled the sensors to look at the cat element, only to find that it was gone on the side the code referenced.  I decided to check the other side and it was compromised, but not gone.  

6 hours ago, Slayer said:

On my old 2017 22 VLX with the Raptor, the pre and post cat O2 sensors were accessible and could be easily removed.  I had to do so on the water when I got a high fuel alarm for bank 2.  I pulled the sensors to look at the cat element, only to find that it was gone on the side the code referenced.  I decided to check the other side and it was compromised, but not gone.  

Where did you get the replacements 

can share a pic of the location... 

I didn't replace the sensors.  I only removed them to inspect the cats.  I don't have pics and no longer have the boat.  However, there were 2 on each side and one was before the cat and one was after it.  This was on the Raptor, your engine may be different.  

9 hours ago, DylanR said:

Where did you get the replacements 

can share a pic of the location... 

Like @Slayer said, there are two sensors on each side.  There is a pre and post cat sensor.  I had some changed on my boat over the winter, but my dealer did it under warranty.  If you are willing to do things yourself, always check out Bakes.  They usually have almost anything you would need to service your boat.  They are also very helpful if you call them with questions.  I believe these are it.

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-o2-sensor-pre-catalyst-62-ford-raptor.html

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-exhaust-manifold-4-wire-o2-sensor-for-catalyst-manifolds.html