Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 23LSV Wireless charging pads

bcf2003

6 hours ago, IXFE said:

So I started to wrap with vinyl last night and I’m not stoked with the results. I suck at corners!  Also, the spray adhesive just isn’t cutting it. So…. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TD4V7RK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are tons of options. This is the one I ordered since I wanted flat without lines. It is enough for a bunch of projects.

23 hours ago, justgary said:

Boy, if we only knew somebody with a CNC mill.  I bet those would come out nice! 

I used my CNC router to cut the pieces for my top deck kit. I think you would need a vacuum table to do it right.

6 hours ago, IXFE said:

So I started to wrap with vinyl last night and I’m not stoked with the results. I suck at corners!  Also, the spray adhesive just isn’t cutting it. So…. 

Well………

1 hour ago, ndahlberg12 said:

Well………

I think it’s time to abandon the wood/vinyl idea. I mean, who puts wood in a boat anyway??

I think I need to get a big piece of sea deck. The foam I found on Amazon isn’t adhesive. Any help from the crew is much appreciated. 

10 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I think it’s time to abandon the wood/vinyl idea. I mean, who puts wood in a boat anyway??

I think I need to get a big piece of sea deck. The foam I found on Amazon isn’t adhesive. Any help from the crew is much appreciated. 

https://www.amazon.com/MonkeyJack-Surfboard-Kiteboard-Paddleboard-Shortboard/dp/B074NZ82VG/ref=sr_1_53?dchild=1&keywords=eva+marine+traction&qid=1623898617&sr=8-53

just search eva marine traction and lots of stuff comes up.

2 hours ago, tbullard said:

I think you would need a vacuum table to do it right.

Maybe not.  A little double-sided sticky tape might just hold it down well enough to make a few cuts. 

Show of hands: how many of you are looking for *exactly* what @IXFE drew? 

25 minutes ago, justgary said:

Maybe not.  A little double-sided sticky tape might just hold it down well enough to make a few cuts. 

Anybody with a 2021 should be. Opportunity for somebody. That what I tried to see the local sea deck guy before he ghosted me. 

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

I’ve used some of the Eva foam that @shawndoggyis talking about before for foot pads on some discs that we ride behind the boat before and it’s very easy to cut. I can find the link if you want.

We use a material called Kydex in aircraft all the time and wrap it in a variety of materials like vinyl, leather, ultra leather etc that would work really well with your idea and then use 3M tape to adhere it. Kydex comes in a variety of thicknesses. Will not absorb moisture. 

I think your on the right track, just need a better substrate. 

13 minutes ago, ndahlberg12 said:

I’ve used some of the Eva foam that @shawndoggyis talking about before for foot pads on some discs that we ride behind the boat before and it’s very easy to cut. I can find the link if you want.

We use a material called Kydex in aircraft all the time and wrap it in a variety of materials like vinyl, leather, ultra leather etc that would work really well with your idea and then use 3M tape to adhere it. Kydex comes in a variety of thicknesses. Will not absorb moisture. 

I think your on the right track, just need a better substrate. 

I know kydex (holster). And I was 100% planning to use 3M VHB to hold it down. The issue I ran into was I just suck at wrapping corners. It just doesn’t look professional enough. So I’m going back to EVA. I just need a black piece (no texture) with an adhesive back. Then I’ll just cut it with a razor blade. Maybe this one… 20 sheets for $16, enough for the entire crew!!

Allgala 20 Pack Self-Adhesive EVA Foam Paper 8x12 Inch Sheets-Black-CF85410 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V5PR459/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_3D8TFTNT9QRKPG43Y3S7

44 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I know kydex (holster). And I was 100% planning to use 3M VHB to hold it down. The issue I ran into was I just suck at wrapping corners. It just doesn’t look professional enough. So I’m going back to EVA. I just need a black piece (no texture) with an adhesive back. Then I’ll just cut it with a razor blade. Maybe this one… 20 sheets for $16, enough for the entire crew!!

Allgala 20 Pack Self-Adhesive EVA Foam Paper 8x12 Inch Sheets-Black-CF85410 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V5PR459/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_3D8TFTNT9QRKPG43Y3S7

That seems pretty thin.

This is 6mm

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TD4V7RK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not black but very dark grey

Edited by tbullard
1 hour ago, justgary said:

The problem I ran into the foam comes rolled and even after sitting flat for several days it doesn't want to lay flat. I used the painters tape with super glue method of holding it down but the paper protecting the adhesive is almost like a wax paper so nothing wants to stick to it. I ended up securing it the best I could and then used a flat stick to hold the foam in front of the cutter like a pressure foot to try and keep it flat where it was cutting. Fine for my one off project but not something you would want to go into production with.

6 hours ago, tbullard said:

The problem I ran into the foam comes rolled and even after sitting flat for several days it doesn't want to lay flat. I used the painters tape with super glue method of holding it down but the paper protecting the adhesive is almost like a wax paper so nothing wants to stick to it. I ended up securing it the best I could and then used a flat stick to hold the foam in front of the cutter like a pressure foot to try and keep it flat where it was cutting. Fine for my one off project but not something you would want to go into production with.

Maybe try laying it flat in a box with a 100+ watt light bulb inside to keep it really heated up for a while?

Used to work really great for the rolls of replacement rubber rubrail that I used to install to get the worst of the coil out of it.

8 hours ago, justgary said:

Hand raised.  I'm interested. 

• 1 month later...

Is everyone more inclined to have the wireless charging pad/holder in the under the arm rest zone? Where is the source power coming from or connected to? 

I have a mini mill I could cook these up no problem. I just need a better understanding of what everyone prefers... I also have access to 10 or 15W wireless qi charging... hell we could get crazy and add an actual USB Power delivery port.  

Edited by dielawn