Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 23LSV Wireless charging pads

bcf2003

Does anyone have a pic of the wireless charging pads and in  2021LSV? The one near the driver and also the one in the glove box. I just picked up my new boat and theyre flat.. I swear I remember there being an edge around the boarder of where the phone sits. 

Mine are flat too this year. I think they are missing the “sculpted pad” that goes on top. I asked my dealer months ago but never got a satisfactory response. They said it was a “running change” at the factory. But I asked around there and was not able to confirm. 

Here’s a pic of mine (glove box). I don’t understand how this is a good idea. The phone now slides around / off the charger. 

40EB0BF1-E8A8-44A8-939A-CC8FABD9F330.jpeg

continued...

My dealer did grab a pic of one off their lot (this was back in March). This is what it’s supposed to look like. But as you can see, underneath it you can see the flat piece we seem to have. Not sure why we didn’t get the sculpted pad on top or why Malibu would change this. Victim of the ongoing supply chain issues??

1EEE8809-3FBA-492D-A601-BFBB3ACD84DD.jpeg

141451D5-D83E-43FC-B11D-73569E0E87A3.jpeg

41 minutes ago, IXFE said:

continued...

My dealer did grab a pic of one off their lot (this was back in March). This is what it’s supposed to look like. But as you can see, underneath it you can see the flat piece we seem to have. Not sure why we didn’t get the sculpted pad on top or why Malibu would change this. Victim of the ongoing supply chain issues??

1EEE8809-3FBA-492D-A601-BFBB3ACD84DD.jpeg

141451D5-D83E-43FC-B11D-73569E0E87A3.jpeg

Yes this is exactly what I thought as well! It’s like the over lay never made on our boats. I’m forwarding to dealer to see what they say. Thanks man!

36 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Mine in the glove box as well as beside driver seat are sculpted.  

When was your boat built?  Supposedly this was a recent change. My boat sprayed on 2/22. 

I wonder if we could get @Slayer and @NWBU to check their boats and weigh in. Both have boats built after mine. 

12 hours ago, bcf2003 said:

Does anyone have a pic of the wireless charging pads and in  2021LSV? The one near the driver and also the one in the glove box. I just picked up my new boat and theyre flat.. I swear I remember there being an edge around the boarder of where the phone sits. 

Let’s hope it was just missed in the final QC and you get the correct parts. 

I’m waiting on my 23 LSV and after spending $100k+, I hope I don’t have to go searching for parts on Amazon that were offered as part of the package ordered. 

1 hour ago, Trizzil said:

I’m waiting on my 23 LSV and after spending $100k+, I hope I don’t have to go searching for parts on Amazon that were offered as part of the package ordered. 

Sometimes you have to ask yourself if spending $22 on amazon cost less time and money than calls/trips to the dealer.

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, Trizzil said:

If that’s the only thing the supply chain is causing issues with you should spend the $22 and thank Malibu for doing that well of a job of managing their supply chain. Tens of thousands of trucks are sitting on lots waiting for items not shipping to dealers or customers, boats are shipping without windshields and wiring harnesses, and new vehicle launches are being continuously pushed back. 

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

If that’s the only thing the supply chain is causing issues with you should spend the $22 and thank Malibu for doing that well of a job of managing their supply chain. Tens of thousands of trucks are sitting on lots waiting for items not shipping to dealers or customers, boats are shipping without windshields and wiring harnesses, and new vehicle launches are being continuously pushed back. 

If someone is charged the same, but receives less I don’t think anyone is thanking Malibu. 

Now, if Malibu communicates that certain packages are no longer available and pricing will be reduced to make up for it, I’ll thank Malibu for the proactive communication. 

It will also give me and others the opportunity to decide whether or not the reduced packages or features make a Malibu the boat I purchase. 

We’re talking an under $30 part here, but if customers have to take this approach, where does it end?

ahopkins22LSV
27 minutes ago, Trizzil said:

If someone is charged the same, but receives less I don’t think anyone is thanking Malibu. 

Now, if Malibu communicates that certain packages are no longer available and pricing will be reduced to make up for it, I’ll thank Malibu for the proactive communication. 

It will also give me and others the opportunity to decide whether or not the reduced packages or features make a Malibu the boat I purchase. 

We’re talking an under $30 part here, but if customers have to take this approach, where does it end?

Feel free to take that approach. Personally I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. This isn’t a price gouging effort by Malibu, the supply chain is strapped sooooo thin we are lucky they are even able to build a boat right now. It’s not like they put the M5 in the boat with M6 badges and didn’t tell you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Feel free to take that approach. Personally I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. This isn’t a price gouging effort by Malibu, the supply chain is strapped sooooo thin we are lucky they are even able to build a boat right now. It’s not like they put the M5 in the boat with M6 badges and didn’t tell you. 

If you had a 2021 on order, you might feel differently...🤷🏻‍♂️

If I already had a boat, I probably wouldn’t have an opinion on the topic because I’d feel thankful. 😉

ahopkins22LSV
58 minutes ago, Trizzil said:

If you had a 2021 on order, you might feel differently...🤷🏻‍♂️

If I already had a boat, I probably wouldn’t have an opinion on the topic because I’d feel thankful. 😉

No, I wouldn’t. If there’s only one thing that I’ve learned from boating, it’s don’t sweat the little things. It just makes everything less fun. Nothing ever is or goes perfect when boating so roll with the punches on the little stuff and deal with the big stuff when it happens. This is in the little stuff bucket without question. They are still providing a fully functional boat with a functioning option that needs a slight tweak by the end user. Like has been stated over the 25+ threads here the supply chain is broken. We are lucky Malibu is still building boats at or close to at rate. Thai can be solved easily via something from Amazon or even as cheap as foam tape the make a boarder. Or go full TMC style and make a custom to your boat color scheme sea deck piece for it. Maybe have “Trizzil’s phone spot” engraved in it. 

• Like 3
22 hours ago, IXFE said:

When was your boat built?  Supposedly this was a recent change. My boat sprayed on 2/22. 

I wonder if we could get @Slayer and @NWBU to check their boats and weigh in. Both have boats built after mine. 

I'll double check mine this evening, but I recall it being like the photos you posted.  My boat sprayed 3 days after yours.  

21 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

They removed the pad because it was causing charging issues with some phones.

I have to remove my phone case for the wireless charging to work.  Anyone in our family has to do so and we all have different phone cases. 

It’s in with my dealer so we will see what they come back with. In the mean time I saw those traction pads for phones on Amazon. Anyone try putting one over the top of the charging pad? Wonder if it would still  work. Just entertaining other ideas till I hear back. Or has anyone tried the seadeck pads in the previous posts over the chargers? 

Edited by bcf2003
Missing text
5 minutes ago, bcf2003 said:

It’s in with my dealer so we will see what they come back with. In the mean time I saw those traction pads for phones on Amazon. Anyone try putting one over the top of the charging pad? Wonder if it would still  work. Just entertaining other ideas till I hear back. Or has anyone tried the seadeck pads in the previous posts over the chargers? 

I would think you'd need to cut the bottom of that pad out to match the charger location such that the phone is in contact with the charger directly with nothing between it.  Considering our phones don't charge with the cases on, it seems that's the only viable way to do it. 

• Like 2