Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 Swim Step changes?

MTSurf

On 5/7/2021 at 10:59 AM, bamaboy said:

This is the dumbest and most offensive boat option I have ever heard of. 

I think the GX tower mister might take the cake in that category

11 minutes ago, BarliBear said:

I think the GX tower mister might take the cake in that category

You might be right.  I kind of miss the days when me and the boys had to throw the fat friend in the corner to surf with a tiny wave and a long board. 

Oh and GET OFF MY LAWN!

• Haha 4

If anything that is currently manual were to be powered, I could see power folding racks.  Yea, I know, sounds crazy and something else to break.    But if we are offering options, I could see that one.   That and some sort of rope coiler that dials out the line you want.  

2 hours ago, hethj7 said:

If anything that is currently manual were to be powered, I could see power folding racks.  Yea, I know, sounds crazy and something else to break.    But if we are offering options, I could see that one.   That and some sort of rope coiler that dials out the line you want.  

With a collision sensor. I have pulled into the lift a couple times with the racks out and boards on the racks. Boards get wedged between the boat and lift. Always gets a few choice words out of my mouth. Luckily, the boards have shown little to no damage.

• Like 2

Yea, I never do that.  Except like several times each season :whistle:  

Actually it is usually as I just enter the slip, then everyone yells “Racks” as I slam it in reverse.  🤣

That powered water mat on the Cobalt would be awesome.  Not sure how that would ever work out....but hey, it looks like we turned the thread into a dream.  :partytime:

Edited by Five Cent Worth

I ordered a new Centurion Elite-V in 1999.  I got the power hatch and thought it would be really cool.

Owned the boat and absolutely HATED that hatch for the entire 10 years expect for the first time I opened it at the dealer and thought it was cool.   It never broke but was so slow that we kept as little as possible in the rear lockers.

No way from a liability standpoint they can make the swim step auto fold fast.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 3:27 PM, OsideTanner said:

Who told you it wasn’t an option, our 2022 order was completed with the manual fold down swim step

Larry at the Great Falls dealership...

• 4 months later...