Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 Swim Step changes?

MTSurf

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Looking at how that thing operates, I wonder (in fear) how long it will be before someone gets caught in that thing when it retracts?  I am betting there is no sensor like those found on garage doors, or power liftgates on SUVs.

Most likely why the control is on the transom 

Just got the pricing from my dealer, MSRP is $5813...$4650 out the door.  The manual fold down swim step is no longer available. 

28 minutes ago, MTSurf said:

Just got the pricing from my dealer, MSRP is $5813...$4650 out the door.  The manual fold down swim step is no longer available. 

I really hope the manual one becomes an option on the axis line!! That would be sweet 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

I really hope the manual one becomes an option on the axis line!! That would be sweet 

Seems very logical.  

On 5/11/2021 at 1:57 PM, MTSurf said:

Who told you it wasn’t an option, our 2022 order was completed with the manual fold down swim step

I just went over the M220 options list with my local dealer, and manual swim platform was an option.  I'm betting we have the same dealer, too.

25 minutes ago, NAW said:

No fold down swim step for Axis this year.  Manual is still available for Malibu.

Did you hear any changes to Axis for 2022? New options etc? thanks

4 minutes ago, MystiikVLX said:

I've heard about some significant things coming in the Axis line for 2022.  Malibu 2022 updates are not much more than a couple added features, but definitely Axis changes that I think all will be happy with.  Hopefully I don't get trolled and asked why I'm not telling more than this, but I'm working closely with my dealer to build a relationship that we can both trust so that's all I'm saying right now.  I'm pretty excited to see what they do.  

6 hours ago, Slayer said:

I've heard about some significant things coming in the Axis line for 2022.  Malibu 2022 updates are not much more than a couple added features, but definitely Axis changes that I think all will be happy with.  Hopefully I don't get trolled and asked why I'm not telling more than this, but I'm working closely with my dealer to build a relationship that we can both trust so that's all I'm saying right now.  I'm pretty excited to see what they do.  

Axis LXi based on the old SSLXI mold?!  :)

Edited by UWSkier
10 hours ago, MystiikVLX said:

Touch screens for the Axis line. New T22. And all new T25. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Axis LXi based on the old SSLXI mold?!  :)

You know.....I agree.  I think there's a market out there still for a family DD.  An for one that doesn't look like terrible.  The current TXi, the Ski Nautique......they look terrible.  They make the prostar look good and I thought it was gross when it was released.  I know that all of them perform exceptionally well, but they are simply unattractive and stupid expensive. 

You see few SSLXi's come up for sale and when they do they sell immediately.  The SSLXi was the boat I wanted when I was looking for my old SSLX.  If I would have found one, I would likely still have it.  

5 hours ago, mk2driver said:

Touch screens for the Axis line. New T22. And all new T25. 

Is the Touch Screen thing confirmed?  And when you say "all new" T25, are you say new hull, new mold?

18 hours ago, Slayer said:

Is the Touch Screen thing confirmed?  And when you say "all new" T25, are you say new hull, new mold?

Well considering there is no T25 I would said new hull and new mold 😂 dealer says yes touch screens. 

19 hours ago, mk2driver said:

Well considering there is no T25 I would said new hull and new mold 😂 dealer says yes touch screens. 

My point was, is there anything innovative in that segment or simply a left over 25LSV mold with T25 branding. 

50 minutes ago, Slayer said:

My point was, is there anything innovative in that segment or simply a left over 25LSV mold with T25 branding. 

Axis is Malibu cast-offs.

FWIW, I can see why someone might want the power swim step.  Personally, I'd prefer the manual one if it really takes 60 seconds for the electric one to fold down.  We have the manual on our 2019 23 LSV and I'd never buy a boat without one.  It's a great feature for the kids or even for the wife if she doesn't want to get fully wet but wants to cool off in the water.  I love it.  As for some of the comments about weight, etc.  When the swim step is open in the water, all you have to is pull the latch and it basically floats upward.  Similarly, when you pull the pin to put it down, once you lift it up, the weight allows it fall into the locked position.  Very easy to use from the swim deck.  Finally, as for leaving it in the "out" position and motoring home, this moron has done that too.  Fortunately, the thing is darned sturdy and I haven't had any problem, even in choppy water.  I wouldn't tempt fate and do it on purpose, but it hasn't been a problem.  So for me, I don't see the need for power actuation, but these are luxury items, and I'm sure some folks will want it.  Especially on the M220, where the increased freeboard and hull push the boat closer to a IO surf boat in terms of cruising but keep the capabilities of true inboard surf boat.   Some people want the best of both worlds, and I think Malibu is trying to give us options.  Nothing wrong with options, so long as you can still get the manual one if you don't want the extra luxury.

57 minutes ago, cmargosi said:

FWIW, I can see why someone might want the power swim step.  Personally, I'd prefer the manual one if it really takes 60 seconds for the electric one to fold down.  We have the manual on our 2019 23 LSV and I'd never buy a boat without one.  It's a great feature for the kids or even for the wife if she doesn't want to get fully wet but wants to cool off in the water.  I love it.  As for some of the comments about weight, etc.  When the swim step is open in the water, all you have to is pull the latch and it basically floats upward.  Similarly, when you pull the pin to put it down, once you lift it up, the weight allows it fall into the locked position.  Very easy to use from the swim deck.  Finally, as for leaving it in the "out" position and motoring home, this moron has done that too.  Fortunately, the thing is darned sturdy and I haven't had any problem, even in choppy water.  I wouldn't tempt fate and do it on purpose, but it hasn't been a problem.  So for me, I don't see the need for power actuation, but these are luxury items, and I'm sure some folks will want it.  Especially on the M220, where the increased freeboard and hull push the boat closer to a IO surf boat in terms of cruising but keep the capabilities of true inboard surf boat.   Some people want the best of both worlds, and I think Malibu is trying to give us options.  Nothing wrong with options, so long as you can still get the manual one if you don't want the extra luxury.

I agree with you on the ability to choose.  However, I thought I read somewhere that it's power or nothing.  ICBW.

Seems like there are conflicting reports throughout the thread.  I went with the most recent info in the thread saying you will have choice of manual or automatic.  I agree that it would be disappointing if the only choice is an automatic that takes 60 seconds to deploy.  Not that a minute is a long time, but right now I pull the little pin and drop it right after anchor.  Usually my kids are itching to get in the water......would rather not have them waiting 60 seconds for moving parts underwater.

2 hours ago, cmargosi said:

Seems like there are conflicting reports throughout the thread.  I went with the most recent info in the thread saying you will have choice of manual or automatic.  I agree that it would be disappointing if the only choice is an automatic that takes 60 seconds to deploy.  Not that a minute is a long time, but right now I pull the little pin and drop it right after anchor.  Usually my kids are itching to get in the water......would rather not have them waiting 60 seconds for moving parts underwater.

If you watched the video of the Cobalt version, there is still the option to quickly deploy the step (manually).

On 5/11/2021 at 4:57 PM, MTSurf said:

5k. Toot toot