Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Malibu 22 MXZ Off/On Button Glitch

Hi,

Yesterday I turned on my Malibu at home to check oil levels and other stuff before taking into the lake for the first time since last year.

I have a little glitch with the ON/OFF button not turning off command center but somehow ON works =/

This happened last year as well but out of 5 times about 3 times I have to power off command center by turning off the battery switch.

this video shows the issue and any recommendation would be greatly appreciated

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dstqttxvRSxpLh9SASwM8754AWPKStXR/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Delpiero

I would say it’s a faulty switch. Most likely a half broken mechanism inside the switch which is why it’s able to turn on the command centre but not turn it off. 

I'm not sure how easy it is to get to the back of the switch but you could disconnect the contacts and test the switch itself with an ohm meter.

On 2017 and newer Malibu boats the power and start buttons come as a set with the wiring.  You can probably get a similar replacement switch online to work just fine with a bit more effort on your part.  I would personally recommend the Malibu replacement even though it will definitely be more expensive, or if you have warranty coverage just have your dealer do it.

On 5/11/2021 at 8:23 PM, Delpiero said:

Any luck getting this sorted out?  I commend you on trying to replace it yourself.  Keep us posted as to your progress...