Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New battery no power

16 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Kill switch wouldn't keep his radio or blower from working.  I'm still betting that there is a ground wire not attached to the new battery ;)

So where would that be. All I see are my black in my red main battery cables behind the passenger seat. Those two cables dive under the deck to the engine. Where would the battery ground be

1 minute ago, scooter44 said:

So where would that be. All I see are my black in my red main battery cables behind the passenger seat. Those two cables dive under the deck to the engine. Where would the battery ground be

In a lot of boats there are 2 grounds coming off the battery.  One that goes back to the engine block and one that goes to the bus bar under the dash.

The fact that everything worked until you changed the battery tends to indicate there is something that was hooked up that is no longer hooked up.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Kill switch wouldn't keep his radio or blower from working.  I'm still betting that there is a ground wire not attached to the new battery ;)

That's a great point.  There's probably a ground wire underneath the new battery.

Ive had this boat for 15 years and changed batteries more than once. Never has been anything but the two main cables. 

1 minute ago, scooter44 said:

Ive had this boat for 15 years and changed batteries more than once. Never has been anything but the two main cables. 

Well, then break out the volt meter and some jumper wires and see where your voltage goes away

So I’m gonna go through all the connection points and figure out where the problem is. Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for this year and model? 2001 sportster lx