Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge down with boat on trailer?

Why is my power wedge down with the boat on the trailer in my drive way? I turned the boat on to check some thing pre season and I clicked on one of the pre set wake options and I heard it move down and then after alittle while i got side tracked and just noticed it still down? 

No idea why it went down.  Turn the boat on, have someone on the boat push the up button for you wedge and you get under the boat and spin the paddle wheel. It will come up if its working correctly. 

ahopkins22LSV

If you clicked a preset that had a specific wedge position, that is what it moved down. The paddle wheel trick will work, just make sure you are in paddle wheel mode for cruise and speed and not gps. 

11 hours ago, Jwarner212 said:

Why is my power wedge down with the boat on the trailer in my drive way? I turned the boat on to check some thing pre season and I clicked on one of the pre set wake options and I heard it move down and then after alittle while i got side tracked and just noticed it still down? 

11 hours ago, dwc032 said:

No idea why it went down.  Turn the boat on, have someone on the boat push the up button for you wedge and you get under the boat and spin the paddle wheel. It will come up if its working correctly. 

7 hours ago, djheywood said:

kids are great for the "spinning the paddle wheel" part

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

If you clicked a preset that had a specific wedge position, that is what it moved down. The paddle wheel trick will work, just make sure you are in paddle wheel mode for cruise and speed and not gps. 

What these guys said. Also, it is not going to go up on it's own. It is a safety thing to prevent people from getting hurt.

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Or, in my case, it has a mind of its own.....Turn the power on in the boat and it does whatever it wants to.  Pretty annoying.

Kind of like a puppy; it just wants to go out and play, and not minding you gets it even more attention.  Time for boat obedience class?

6 minutes ago, justgary said:

Kind of like a puppy; it just wants to go out and play, and not minding you gets it even more attention.  Time for boat obedience class?

Time for the dealer to fix it.