Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RGB lights

BrianC

I have a 2019 Wakesetter LSV with that option on the screen for RBG lights.

I have use the cheep controller before on my other old Master Craft X-Star and I have used the Wet sounds controller before on my old Wakemaster 23 LSV.

some of those videos are here:

and 

and 

So I know how to do all of that.

I have another extra WetSounds controller.

I have tried to wire that into the new boat on the CAN network and it messed up the radio.

I believe I tied into can over by the AMPs because I have all the other wires I needed there.

I have since found out the extra Gray Hill connector (Duetch 4 Pin) can be used for WS Controller.  

this thread says to look for a blue and white wire but the gray hill connector is all gray wires.

anyways I could install this today with an extra RBG ring to show anyone else interested how to do it.

Happy to do a video and or write up about it as well.

the one thing I could use help on is the wiring for the CAN.  @COOP and @Ronnie has said they have done this “several times” but doesn’t remember how or where they wired it in.

i am sure I could figure it out in a min but I don’t have access to an oscilloscope.

if he or anyone else could help with this CAN connection we could solve all the problems on these 3 threads.

thx All!

-Jason

Edited by Diebold
On 5/6/2021 at 10:26 AM, COOP said:

If you want to use the factory controls in the touch screen you will need a controller with CANBUS inputs. You would tie into the factory CAN system, there is usually an accessory CAN plug under the helm or behind the helm.

IMG-20210506-091903.jpg

Would love to see how you wires this to the CAN network. Did you use the Gray Hill Connector?  I could figure it out in a second but don’t have an oscilloscope.

Any memory you have helps thx @COOP!!

-Jason

It's been too many boats ago to recall. IIRC, I made a CAN BUS patch cable with a matching male and female CAN BUS connector. Then ran the wires to the Shadow Caster/Wetsounds controller. I'm sure the controllers have changed since 2019. I wouldn't be surprised if the CAN BUS or system wiring have changed from then. I wouldn't suggest anyone try this unless you had a good understanding of the system and wanted to take full responsibility of hurting something. Try it at your own risk, the CAN BUS controls a bunch of things, you don't want to mess it up.

• 8 months later...
ChrispjBrown

Hi, just looking to see who has had success with hooking up the rev 10 led rings to the 7" touch screen. From what i am reading i will need the shadow castor with canbus. Is the wetsounds one the best option?

How do i exactly wire it to controls under the helm. Just Can + and - to the control and the RGB wires to the control box?

2019 MXZ 22

Thanks 

13 hours ago, ChrispjBrown said:

Hi, just looking to see who has had success with hooking up the rev 10 led rings to the 7" touch screen. From what i am reading i will need the shadow castor with canbus. Is the wetsounds one the best option?

How do i exactly wire it to controls under the helm. Just Can + and - to the control and the RGB wires to the control box?

2019 MXZ 22

Thanks 

There should be can wires under the helm, splice into those, then run the can+ and can- (keep them twisted) into the controller. Rgb wiring from lights to controller. Then 12v +/- to the controller also. You’ll have to enable it in your screen. Note this stopped working for 2022+ boats.

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2021 at 10:26 AM, COOP said:

If you want to use the factory controls in the touch screen you will need a controller with CANBUS inputs. You would tie into the factory CAN system, there is usually an accessory CAN plug under the helm or behind the helm.

IMG-20210506-091903.jpg

Thanks much! I guess my question to confirm was is the CAN wires in HELM or where the mediallan box is in where the amps are?

I have this shadowcaster multi multizone. with twisted CAN pair coming out yellow and orange. Are the OEM on this module the same color or are they under the dash panel for this connection?

Thank you