Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RGB lights

BrianC

Hello

Adding the rgb rings to the REV 10's and a Rgb's to my 2  sub boxes.

Do you know of a controller that will tie into the factory 2020/21 Malibu factory system? I see on the menu that there is an RGB option, or am I better off going with the wet sounds controller?

Factory Rev 10's, or the normal wetsounds ones?  I've heard the RGB rings don't fit the factory ones.

I know nothing about what will tie into the factory interface, but this might be helpful.

This controller appears identical to one of the wetsounds ones, and is $30 instead of $130.  You just get a white remote.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JQ3QOSY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My guess is that I found the company that supplies wetsounds with this product.  

I have one, but install won't be done for a week, so i can't comment on it's performance.

Good luck.  

You may not have to add rings to your speakers..  I know for sure the interior speakers are pre-lit behind the tweeter and pre-wired. I’m also fairly certain the factory towers are the same…

7CECE480-7EE0-495F-8B6F-DC6E97772064.jpeg

920EBDBE-53C5-47C6-9D72-E8AE121D34D4.jpeg

There is a switch for it, not an RGB controller. The switch is on or off. So yes, you can use that but would need something to change the colors. 

If you want to use the factory controls in the touch screen you will need a controller with CANBUS inputs. You would tie into the factory CAN system, there is usually an accessory CAN plug under the helm or behind the helm.

IMG-20210506-091903.jpg

Edited by COOP
11 hours ago, COOP said:

If you want to use the factory controls in the touch screen you will need a controller with CANBUS inputs. You would tie into the factory CAN system, there is usually an accessory CAN plug under the helm or behind the helm.

IMG-20210506-091903.jpg

Yeah we gonna need that write up please

On 5/5/2021 at 11:29 AM, bcoppess23 said:

You may not have to add rings to your speakers..  I know for sure the interior speakers are pre-lit behind the tweeter and pre-wired. I’m also fairly certain the factory towers are the same…

7CECE480-7EE0-495F-8B6F-DC6E97772064.jpeg

920EBDBE-53C5-47C6-9D72-E8AE121D34D4.jpeg

Are you sure their are wires and lights in those domes?  On the 19 it had the domes but nada on the lights and wiring!

2 hours ago, ctvandy23 said:

Are you sure their are wires and lights in those domes?  On the 19 it had the domes but nada on the lights and wiring!

I’ll bet anybody in this thread a six pack of silver bullets that those domes are empty! 

D3D5A78C-8491-4351-BBCC-F806542FA0CF.jpeg

@ctvandy23 and @IXFE  Looks like I am going to be pulling a speaker soon.  There were wires on the backside of the speakers out of a '21 VLX.  Let me try to get to the boat today and get some pictures on my finding.

15 hours ago, ctvandy23 said:

The domes are empty.

3 hours ago, bcoppess23 said:

@ctvandy23 and @IXFE  Looks like I am going to be pulling a speaker soon.  There were wires on the backside of the speakers out of a '21 VLX.  Let me try to get to the boat today and get some pictures on my finding.

Tweeter wires…

Everything is there except the LED. The domes are diffusers, the wire track is there. You’ll need the LEDs. 
LEDs for that application.

I did the RGB system on my ‘19 23LSV. I used a Shadow Caster/Wetsounds wiring control box. It connected to the CanBus, 12v and IIRC, 4 zones for each of the 4 wire RGB connections and was controlled by the factory RGB icon on the small screen.  Running all the wire and splitting/wiring for the lights was the time consuming part. 
In the end, we rarely used it. It was just too much flashing and color changes to leave it on. It was cool for a demo but not all the time. The big advantage for me was I could make the lights any color I wanted. That boat had a mostly Azure vinyl interior. I could match that color. 

• 3 months later...

I tried installing the shadow caster controller above into my 2020 22lsv, my acc can under the dash( blue/white pair) had a dummy plug with a resistor in it. I tried plugging the can wires in both “polarities” with no success. Was there anything special you had to do to get the can bus talking? 

9 hours ago, rinconking said:

I tried installing the shadow caster controller above into my 2020 22lsv, my acc can under the dash( blue/white pair) had a dummy plug with a resistor in it. I tried plugging the can wires in both “polarities” with no success. Was there anything special you had to do to get the can bus talking? 

what about the rgb icon @Ronnie is referring to above, switched on and/or enabled in settings