Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do you wear on your feet with a drysuit?

abovewater

I feel a bit odd because I've done research and cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm supposed to wear over my feet with my drysuit. I want something that will keep my feet dry.  I purchased some water proof socks, but that was not the solution. Should I be purchasing some kind of boots or something? recommendations would be awesome. Thanks.

On 5/4/2021 at 2:45 PM, abovewater said:

I feel a bit odd because I've done research and cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm supposed to wear over my feet with my drysuit. I want something that will keep my feet dry.  I purchased some water proof socks, but that was not the solution. Should I be purchasing some kind of boots or something? recommendations would be awesome. Thanks.

Look up wetty boots. They are the most barefoot feeling surf booty I have found. They fit snug all around your foot and basically block water from getting in...

May sound odd and also hard to find given how we communicate these days, the plastic sleeve style bags newspapers are delivered in work quite well.  For tight fitting water ski boots where you don't want an additional sock or padded footie, they allow tight bindings to fit.  Put them on first, then slip the drysuit over them.  Pretty affordable too!  An alternate for very cold days is to put a cooler in the back with warm water in it.

Edited by Woodski