Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Pro Waterski Tour

ahopkinsVTX

Watched post event while it is raining.  How unfortunate the surepath boat deviation criteria caught out Allie Nicholson.  The cumulative error total that necessitated a rerun for her where she fell and missed the advance cut.  50 cm of total error is only 3.25 inches per buoy if helping / hurting skier the same for each buoy.  Seeing some commentary from 'average' but clearly very good drivers indicating that it is an easy system to keep within tolerance (on BOS), surprising to see a top level driver miss and it turn out to end the skiers day.  Bummer and no fault of hers, that might need a rethink.  It's not like years ago when post analysis determined whether a run was within tolerance and corrective action was not possible.

1 @ 43 off to win men's open, damn impressive & 6 in a row for Regina, I think she has this slalom thing figured out.

17 minutes ago, Woodski said:

Watched post event while it is raining.  How unfortunate the surepath boat deviation criteria caught out Allie Nicholson.  The cumulative error total that necessitated a rerun for her where she fell and missed the advance cut.  50 cm of total error is only 3.25 inches per buoy if helping / hurting skier the same for each buoy.  Seeing some commentary from 'average' but clearly very good drivers indicating that it is an easy system to keep within tolerance (on BOS), surprising to see a top level driver miss and it turn out to end the skiers day.  Bummer and no fault of hers, that might need a rethink.  It's not like years ago when post analysis determined whether a run was within tolerance and corrective action was not possible.

1 @ 43 off to win men's open, damn impressive & 6 in a row for Regina, I think she has this slalom thing figured out.

her ability to recover from a terrible turn at 39 and still run the pass is unparalleled. 

1 hour ago, Woodski said:

I talked to a lead judge that was there and asked their opinion of that reride for Allie since Drew was vocally against it on the webcast. They said it’s a good system that is consistent but agrees that it’s very tight and will most likely be evolving through the season and probably before the next pro tour stop. 

The women skied great. There is some amazing talent there. I’m excited to see what Manon and Jamie can do through the year  obviously Regina is amazing and still love watching her ski.

Man I can’t stand Nate. You can’t deny his skill and skiing but I just enjoy watching Will, Freddie, tgas, Ben, really anyone ski more. They have so much more personality and have done more for the sport. Plus they don’t have that other black eye...

• Like 2