Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

4 bar Fuel Pressure Regulator automotive cross?

Anyone have an automotive p/n for the 4 bar fuel pressure regulator used in 03+ Monsoons?  My fuel pressure gauge is showing 40psi, and the pump was replaced last year so my thoughts are the regulator isn't doing it's job properly...

https://www.bakesonline.com/engine/fuel-pressure-regulator-4-bar-indmar.html

Bakes has them for $95 but would prefer to do a local pickup if possible.  Thanks!

Are you sure you have a 4 bar system?  3 bar was standard for quite a while, and 40 PSI is pretty close to that.  A bad regulator will generally allow the pressure to get too high, not keep it low. 

Perhaps you have an injector hung open? 

1 hour ago, justgary said:

Are you sure you have a 4 bar system?  3 bar was standard for quite a while, and 40 PSI is pretty close to that.  A bad regulator will generally allow the pressure to get too high, not keep it low. 

Perhaps you have an injector hung open? 

Per this guide on Bakes, I'm in the 4 bar camp.  Just had injectors cleaned up in the offseason.  Re-installed and wanted to verify proper fuel pressure on 1st start up and I'm only seeing 40psi.  Being my pump is new as of last year and I have fresh fuel lines and a new filter, the regulator is my initial thought (unless I am unlucky w/ the new pump...)

https://www.bakesonline.com/media/resourcelibrary/Indmar_96-06FuelpsiRef.pdf

10 minutes ago, dtm8119 said:

Per this guide on Bakes, I'm in the 4 bar camp.  Just had injectors cleaned up in the offseason.  Re-installed and wanted to verify proper fuel pressure on 1st start up and I'm only seeing 40psi.  Being my pump is new as of last year and I have fresh fuel lines and a new filter, the regulator is my initial thought (unless I am unlucky w/ the new pump...)

https://www.bakesonline.com/media/resourcelibrary/Indmar_96-06FuelpsiRef.pdf

Does the boat otherwise run OK?

17 minutes ago, justgary said:

Does the boat otherwise run OK?

For the most part - late in the year last season I would get a hesitation on hole shots, especially when pulling a skier up.  Sometimes a light backfire.  So this spring the engine got tune up parts (plugs, wires, cap, rotor) on top of the injector cleaning.  Injectors weren't in too bad of shape per the before/after report.

Pretty sure my 02 is supposed to be 42 at idle. I put a fuel pressure gauge on it and I think it read 40.5 ish. Anyway, mine runs awesome at 40.

Steve B.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, dtm8119 said:

A fresh 4 bar regulator has me back up to 60psi and running good so far!

Great!  Did you go with the part from Bakes or another one?