Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Good Buy

chathamsolutions

I got my Bart's catalogue the other day and glancing through found this.

LINK to Rope / Handle

It's a Wakeboarding handle and static 'no stretch' rope. 65' with two 5' extensions. It's everything you need and it's at the $100 price point. That's usually the price you'd see at a boat show or in December.

This is a good price for the package.

www.grizzly-sports.com can beat it, last year I bought a 70' no stretch three 5' sections and a carbon fiber handle for a little over a $100.

www.grizzly-sports.com can beat it, last year I bought a 70' no stretch three 5' sections and a carbon fiber handle for a little over a $100.

I hate that grizzly site. I went on and could only find 3 rope/handle mentions. no pictures and it was in their 'blow out' area.

Sounds like you got a GREAT deal. I've never seen one as good. If you see anything else like that again, let us know.

You may want to check out kneeboardplanet.com they had a deal going too.

I couldn't find anything on that site, but it had a LINK to this one:

board it up LINK It's an even better deal then the one I mention above, it's a handle with a T in it. And for the same money, $100.

KEEP LOOKING FOR GOOD DEALS GUYS. Post 'em here if you find 'em.

Andy, that is the exact combo that I got for Christmas. I haven't gotten to use it yet though. Hopefully next weekend.

Daniel

I hate that grizzly site. I went on and could only find 3 rope/handle mentions. no pictures and it was in their 'blow out' area.

Sounds like you got a GREAT deal. I've never seen one as good. If you see anything else like that again, let us know.

You may want to check out kneeboardplanet.com they had a deal going too.

I couldn't find anything on that site, but it had a LINK to this one:

board it up LINK It's an even better deal then the one I mention above, it's a handle with a T in it. And for the same money, $100.

KEEP LOOKING FOR GOOD DEALS GUYS. Post 'em here if you find 'em.

The link you found was the one I was talking about, the board it up handle deal. Sorry I missed a bit with the link. :blush:

I would not know I usually already know what I want and call them.

Actually I did make mention of it on MBO last season

For the best pricing, it's best to call Grizzly regardless of the product.

That's a decent deal Andy, but one problem with the line is that the extensions only allow it out to 65'. I bought a Straightline Blazer & find it to be more versatile. Your find would be good as a backup though, or of course for people that don't board that far out. One thing I do like about both the Blazer & Ultra Lite (in your link) is that they are easier to deal with & don't tangle as easily as the Accurate Jacket lines do.

For "deals" I have found Shade Tree Water Sports is hard to beat. Can't always get the color you want but usually a screamin' low price. 65' Static Line for $19...

Shade Tree Water Sports

The link above should go to the "Close-Out Ropes & Handles" page but for some reason sometimes it doesn't work. If it takes you to their main page, look in the menu on the left for "Close-Out" then when the pic index comes up click on Ropes & Handles. Some great deals. Enjoy.

I forgot about Shade Tree Watersports!! Based on a previous recommendation by Michael, I bought a wakeboard line & handle and a ski handle from them about 5 months ago. Great prices & service.

Awesome guys!

Keep 'em coming.

Tracie, if you look at the LINK I posted, the rope is "(65',5',5')" I believe they are saying it's 65 feet with two 5 foot extensions. I don't think I've seen a wakeboard rope shorter then 70'.

Yeah, it's confusing. On Straightline's site they list the Ultra-Lite as a 50' mainline with a 10' & 5' extension, on Wakeside's site they list it as a 55' mainline with a 10' & 5' extension, on Overton's they have that same handle/rope combo listed at "65' with 3 take-off loops", & Wileyski is possibly the most clear in their description of "(2) 5’ Take-off Sections for Three Different Line Lengths (65’, 60’, 55’)". Crazy. I have looked at that line in the store, & I am pretty sure that even with the sections that it only goes out to 65', which was why I thought that the price was so low.

Needed a good extra wakeboard rope for beginners, picked up a Proline Cable Line (straight line) wakeboard series rope and handle for $63 including shipping from www.shadetreewatersports.com, thanks for the tip.