Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ah, spring at the boat launch.

oldjeep

50 minutes ago, vanamp said:

Our lake in the east metro was pretty quiet.  Water was 55 so not too bad for some first runs of the season.  

Yeesh, and I'm holding out for 70 or 75 water temps!

Looks like summer's coming late to upstate NY. We are still dipping below freezing at night and lake is only up to 45. Ocean temps in Jersey still low too, upper 40's. Bu is still in winter storage, but Winner is ready to launch.

Edited by electricjohn
22 hours ago, vanamp said:

Our lake in the east metro was pretty quiet.  Water was 55 so not too bad for some first runs of the season.  

We were 54 at our first ride 2-21-21. We are now high 60’s😃

• 2 weeks later...

I am dying to get mine in the water.   Its dewinterized, washed, waxed, detailed, fueled... Need decent weather without gale force winds and some partners in crime (since we moved, better half's job is 45 minute drive away now, a little hard to make that snap decision to go).

2 minutes ago, Dfowkes said:

@oldjeep is that real?  How long is the wait from there?  

It was maybe 15 minutes.  There are 2 launch lanes.  Every once in a while there is a line, but it usually moves pretty fast.