Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2010 23LSV Cranks wont Start

Pulled the boat out for the first time, hooked up to fake lake to start.  Starts right up, ran for 60 seconds, dies.  Now all it does is crank and not start.  As soon as you let off the start button, the screen restarts.  Seems like a fuel issue, but why the screen restart?  

Make sure the safety lanyard is connected.  Bypassing the switch is an option.  Next check the battery connections.  Next is fuel pressure. 

Having similar issue with my 23lsv w 409ss.  Found weak fuel pressure.  Tapping on the engine fuse box panel makes the fuel pump kick on for a few seconds and then off, but it won’t hold.  If I keep tapping on the panel it will start and sputter but always die within 3 seconds or so.  Replacing the relays (ordered) and then going to dig deeper into fuel pump.  My dealer apmnt is over 1 month out so I’m gonna take a few cracks at it in the meantime. Mine won’t crank very much.  Usually just turns over 1 second  then quits, and MTC screen reboots.  I have some video of the symptoms I can post if there is interest.