Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Malibu Wakesetter LSV dying

I recently had my impeller replaced as well as regular maintenance like fluid, oil changed and filter done. Oil pressure and engine temperature seems fine but once I get out of the no wake zone and give the boat gas the screen goes black and boat dies. Once I put gear back into neutral boat fires up easily and immediately. Not sure what is causing this issue but boat only has 325 hours on it. This is my third season With this boat and not sure what issues might be causing this. Does anyone have any suggestions

48 minutes ago, Nickosu81 said:

I recently had my impeller replaced as well as regular maintenance like fluid, oil changed and filter done. Oil pressure and engine temperature seems fine but once I get out of the no wake zone and give the boat gas the screen goes black and boat dies. Once I put gear back into neutral boat fires up easily and immediately. Not sure what is causing this issue but boat only has 325 hours on it. This is my third season With this boat and not sure what issues might be causing this. Does anyone have any suggestions

Definately electrical IMO, check the main power switch, not sure about the ones on the 2015 but on my 2013 I had a similar issue (boat powering off itself) and it was that switch failing. 

39 minutes ago, Nickosu81 said:

I recently just had my speakers redone and they added new batteries. Do you think that could be the issue?

Very unlikely to be speaker related If the main screen and everything else powers off, check the battery connections first, as mentioned above it could be a lose connection on one of the batteries, not sure if your boat has battery Perko switch so you can single out each battery to test.  

1 hour ago, smileysteve said:

Based on screen going black, and the time of year; Probably need to tighten your battery connections.

53 minutes ago, Nickosu81 said:

I recently just had my speakers redone and they added new batteries. Do you think that could be the issue?

speakers installer likely pulled the battery power.

maybe they did not tighten things up?

3 minutes ago, Nickosu81 said:

Might be a dumb question but why would it only die when I give it throttle? It will idol all day long

Vibration and Voltage Requirements;

Higher Rpm requires more consistent voltage.

5 minutes ago, Nickosu81 said:

Might be a dumb question but why would it only die when I give it throttle? It will idol all day long

That is a mistery but taking a guess that when you give it gas the nose goes up, shifting things a bit and with more vibrations causing any lose wires to slightly disconnect......

Check the battery connection poles directly on the batteries in the compartment under the dash on the port side. 

If the connections on your batteries aren't tightened, when you give the boat throttle the battery might shift just enough to sever the connection, then when you stop they rock back into place and the connection is strong enough to let you start up again.  Sure sounds like a battery issue to me, especially since you just had work done that involved them.

Where would the main power switch be located?

I am also having the speaker guy come out this week to add a tower volume switch so i will have him tighten everything but wanted to see if anyone could tell me key areas to have him look and tighten.