Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil pressure sensor

BlindSquirrel

Gulp... this thing was super fragile. Maybe 10 lbs trying to remove and replace my sensor the connecting pipe broke. Any idea where to get a new one or what it’s called?

6139BD7F-0451-4A6E-BC39-48B56295F2C7

Edited by BlindSquirrel

Plumbing supply house or Lowes, Menards, Home Depot plumbing departments should carry what is needed to repair your sensors plumbing. Remove what you have and take the parts to the store in order to match them up.

• Thanks 1

At O'Reilly's:

AGS/Edelman PTF-15B brass bushing (female 1/8" NTP / male 1/4" NTP) is the adapter

AGS/Edelman PTF-27B brass nipple connector (1/8" x 1-1/2")

AGS/Edelman BLF-70B brass union tee (female 1/8-27)

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, formulaben said:

At O'Reilly's:

AGS/Edelman PTF-15B brass bushing (female 1/8" NTP / male 1/4" NTP) is the adapter

AGS/Edelman PTF-27B brass nipple connector (1/8" x 1-1/2")

AGS/Edelman BLF-70B brass union tee (female 1/8-27)

And no tread tape anywhere right?

45 minutes ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Gulp... this thing was super fragile. Maybe 10 lbs trying to remove and replace my sensor the connecting pipe broke. Any idea where to get a new one or what it’s called?

6139BD7F-0451-4A6E-BC39-48B56295F2C7

That has broken on so many of us. Me included.

16 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

That has broken on so many of us. Me included.

Lol, I guess that’s good. I was trying to be a gentleman. 🤷‍♀️

• 3 weeks later...

@formulaben What's the secret to getting the smaller of the two sensors not to leak oil? The larger of the two came with thread sealant, but the smaller did not. She is tight, but still leaks slightly. 

1 hour ago, BlindSquirrel said:

@formulaben What's the secret to getting the smaller of the two sensors not to leak oil? The larger of the two came with thread sealant, but the smaller did not. She is tight, but still leaks slightly. 

Must be synthetic oil.  That stuff doesn't need much incentive to leak.  You can use pipe dope, just not teflon tape.

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...
On 4/28/2021 at 5:57 PM, justgary said:

Correct.  The sender has to use the engine block as an electrical return.

I was getting intermittent oil pressure readings that were driving me nuts. Read this thread and discovered my current oil pressure sender came with anti seize, replaced with spare I had that did not come dipped in anti seize and I have solid oil pressure on the gauge.   Thanks.

IMG_1609.jpeg

I broke this exact part on my 2004 Sunscape too. A few runs to the hardware store and I was G2G. It was a bit nerve wracking backing that plug out of the block. I used an Irwin brand screw extractor (carbon steel) to back the plug out. I couldn't get a 5/8" wrench on it. 

Edited by Arctic Slalom