Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 23LSV sluggish, problems accelerating

Hey all!

So I took my boat out to Powell last weekend, first run of the season. It started fine idled fine but once I punched it it would only get up to about 2000 RPMS. After messing around a bit I would put the throttle to about half way and it would gradually get up to speed but now and then it would chug a little and sometimes it would chug back down to 2000 RPM's. If I ever pushed the throttle all the way it wouldn't ever get up to speed , only when It was half way and that was only some times. I am draining the fuel tank and replacing the fuel filter before I take it to test again. Anything else I can do while its out of the water to troubleshoot it?

thanks

See if your knock sensor connection is in place.  On the side of the block.  Usually disconnected during winterization.  Some times does not get reconnected.

• Like 2